Part 4: Elevator

4

Xavier and Louisa fled the ice cream shop hand in hand while the rain poured down on them but neither one seemed to care. He had called a taxi that pulled up a minute after they made it outside. He quickly helped her into the taxi before climbing in after her and pulled his phone out of his pocket, double-checking the hotel before telling the taxi driver where to head too. He held her hand tightly in his own and rested them on top of his own lap.

Her heart hadn't slowed down for a moment since right before he pressed his lips against hers. She could have melted into a puddle and ceased to exist after that. His lips molded into hers like that's exactly where they were meant to be. He tasted like chocolate and she found herself craving it now, not sure that craving would ever go away. She couldn't believe what she was doing,

"Where are we going?" She questioned the tall brute beside her when he asked her if she wanted to go somewhere else, she had agreed immediately.

"My hotel if that's okay? If not, say the word and we can head somewhere else." He said, hoping she wouldn't assume he was jumping to conclusions. One kiss did not mean anything more and he had no intention of pushing her into something she did not want. He was thinking more along the lines of warm, dry clothes and trying to spend a little more time with her.

"That's okay." She whispered looking away from him as her cheeks burned.

"Hey..." He gently grabbed her chin and pulled her face towards his own. He looked in her big brown eyes and almost got swept away in them. He wanted to make sure she knew his intentions were pure and said, "just to get a change of clothes. Plus, I was hoping we could hang out for a bit longer, but whatever you want to do is fine with me."

Louisa relaxed slightly and nodded in response, letting him know she was okay with that. He smiled and leaned down kissing her cheek, making them tinge another shade darker. When they pulled up outside of the hotel, Xavier handed the cab driver money faster then she could thank him before he pulled her from the car. Her hand was still secure in his and his touch was keeping her calm. They made it inside the doors of the hotel, and she heard him curse to himself under his breath. He guided them to the front desk and waited patiently for the receptionist to acknowledge him.

"Hi, sir... oh my, hi!" The receptionist said her eyes widen in surprise as she took in the tall, extremely attractive man in front of her.

"Yeah hi, I need a room key, the few you gave us ended up with the other guys I checked in with." He told the receptionist ignoring the star-struck look on her face as she nodded her head slowly and going onto her computer. He glanced down at Louisa and noticed her shy side had come back out to play. He rubbed the hand he was holding gently, hoping to ease her discomfort.

The receptionist finally got a new key ready and just as she was about to hand it to him, she took notice of the girl that was practically hanging on the man she had silently called dibs on. Her eyes narrowed and she scoffed at the realization that he was trying to get this wet thing upstairs with him. She retreated, key card in her hand and grabbed a post-it from her desk quickly scribbling her cell phone number onto it.

"If you get tired of that, and want to have a real good time, hit me up." She gave him her best smile and flirty wink and handed the key card to him with the post-it stuck on top.

He looked at her for a moment, disgust lacing his features. His jaw tightened and without realizing it his hand tightened as well. A small whimper and tug on his arm snapped him out of it. He looked down at the small girl next to him. As if he had been able to read her all his life, he knew she was asking him to let it go and his annoyance was forgotten.