Part 15: Our Spot

15

"Xavi, can I open my eyes now?" Louisa laughed again when he had to steady her as she tripped over something.

Xavier grinned at the nickname she had started calling him. After their friends left, he had wanted to take her somewhere special. "Just a minute." He laughed, as he led her down the path to the small pond. When they got to a good spot he stepped behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and whispered in her ear, "open."

Louisa slowly uncovered her eyes and blinked a few times so they could adjust before taking in her surroundings. They were standing on a small hill that overlooked a small body of water. The moon showed brightly tonight and seemed to highlight the scenery as if painting the most beautiful picture just for her. "Wow," she breathed as she leaned back against Xavier.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously his fingers finding their way under her shirt and brushed against the soft skin of her belly.

"I love it," she smiled, finding she was totally relaxed by his touch.

They stood there for a while until he slowly moved away from her. He spread out the blanket he had brought with him and laid down getting comfortable before holding his hand out to her. She laid beside him, breathing in his cologne that she loved and rested her head on his chest. Again, they were quiet, both lost in thought as they enjoyed the quietness of the night. He ran his fingertips over her side and down her arms causing goosebumps to rise all over her skin. She shivered, not from the cold but from his touch and he smiled kissing her hair.

"I think I could stay here forever with you," he said honestly, breaking the silence.

Louisa nodded in affirmation, her arm sliding around his waist as she held him closer. "I've never wanted to be around someone so much." She mumbled.

"Can I ask you something?" He said.

"Anything," she mumbled.

"How do you feel, when you're with me?" He questioned, feeling his heartbeat speed up slightly.

Louisa blushed, closing her eyes happy that for once he couldn't see her flushed face as she thought about his question. "I feel," she started, "like I'm floating on clouds. I thought that coming with you would be moving too fast, but it feels right being here with you."

Xavier chewed on his bottom lip as he thought about the same thing that had been on his mind since meeting her.

"What did Sebastian mean before?" Louisa questioned softly as she snuggled closer to the man beside her when he didn't say anything in response to her previous comment.

Xavier closed his eyes and sighed not knowing where to begin. It was if she was reading his mind and he knew the answer to her question without having to think too hard about it, he just wasn't sure how to tell her.

"You don't have to tell me." She said after a few minutes of silence, worried she may have upset him.

"No, I want to, but I'm worried it may scare you." He said softly, feeling his heart race.

"I promise you, it won't," she said honestly. She had seen so much evil in her short years of life, and she didn't think Xavier could tell her anything worse than what she already knew.

"Just please, hear me out before anything," he pleaded with her. When she nodded, he took a deep breath, his racing heart settling slightly when she laid her hand right over it.

"Before I met you, before Ronnie passed, hell before anything bad happened in my life... My parents taught me that every person has a soulmate or one true pair, the yin to their yang, whatever you want to call it, out in the world." He started hesitantly, she had all her attention focused on him and was listening carefully. She wasn't sure where he was going with this but had promised to hear him out. She nodded at him to continue.