Mikey Way x Reader - Apologies

Y/N's P.O.V.

I just wanted to go home, get into bed and never get out. My bed was always warm and comfortable, the opposite of what I was right now.
Of course, the one day I leave the house without a proper coat or umbrella, it rains. No- rain is an understatement. The heavens opened about an hour ago and the endless waterfall that covered most of the state hadn't stopped or slowed at all.
I shivered as my hair stuck to my face and my leather jacket didn't do much for warmth.
The rain stopped suddenly and I was confused, before I realised someone was letting me share their umbrella.

"Thanks." I shivered, looking at the kind soul who let me share. I came face to face with an old friend.

"Hey, Y/N. It's been a while." Mikey smiled shyly and I opened my mouth, before closing it again.
"What have I missed?"

"I think I'd rather catch pneumonia." I spat probably a little too harshly, walking out from under the umbrella and trying to put some distance between myself and the blond boy.

"Y/N, wait, please!" Mikey shouted after me, but I ignored him, wrapping my arms around myself and trying to get home.
"Y/N, please! I just want to talk?"

"Leave me the Hell alone." I muttered, knowing he wouldn't hear me. A hand grabbed my arm and I glared at Mikey, before he pulled me into a hug. The umbrella kept us dry and he was warm. I was almost tempted to hug him back.

"Please, I just want to talk. I can explain everything." I stepped back, feeling tears stinging my eyes.

"You left me, Mikey. You made it pretty damn clear you wanted nothing to do with me." I said, my heart breaking all over again.
"You were my best friend, but now I want nothing to do with you."

"Y/N, please?" He begged.
"I'm not gonna stop asking. I need you."

"You didn't need me when you ran off to be famous. I heard you were living in LA now, I don't even know why you came back." I sighed, tears falling as I turned to walk away.

"I came back for you." He said and I almost didn't hear him.
"I can back for you, you're my best friend, my rock, and I screwed that up. I was such a dick to you and I hate myself for it."

"I don't care, Mikey." I said bluntly.
"You left me when I needed you, you stopped answering my calls, my texts, you completely disappeared from my life. I thought you were dead, until Frank sent me an invite to your first show."

"You went to that?" He asked and I glared at him, not even caring about the rain at this point.

"No. I sold the tickets. Some of us can't just drop everything and run away." He looked really guilty.
"The four of you, Gerard, Frank, Ray and you, you were my only friends in this shitty town. You all left, but they had the decency to stay in contact."

"I'm really fucking sorry!" Mikey yelled, surprising me. He never raised his voice.
"I am so sorry."

"Me too, Mikey. You know what, it's not even a secret anymore." I looked at him and sighed heavily.
"When you left, 4 years ago, I was at my lowest point. I needed my best friend. And maybe sorry isn't good enough, because, maybe, I was in love with you."

"You loved me?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah. And you broke my heart, so thanks for that. Whilst I'm here, I might as well thank you for the trust issues, the anxiety, depression and insomnia." I said and I knew I was going too far. I was trying to fit 4 years of heartbreak into one conversation, that couldn't end well.

"I know I hurt you, okay? There's no need to make me feel worse." Mikey spat.
"I don't even know why I tried. Fuck you, Y/N." Mikey stormed off and I turned on my heel and continued home. As soon as I got in, I was too tired to be angry.