Billie Joe Armstrong x Reader - Best Friend

Billie's P.O.V. 

"I'm gonna do it." Mike looked up from his bass at me.

"You're gonna do what?" He asked and I took a breath.

"I'm gonna ask Y/N out." I stated and he looked back down.
"What? I like her and-"

"We know you like her." Tré laughed.
"But this is the fourth time this month you've decided to ask her out."

"You're gonna chicken out again and come complaining to us for the next week." Mike muttered.
"She's your best friend, I don't know why you get so freaked out."

"Yeah, you've known each other for years. You're just too scared to ask her out." Tré added and I groaned.

"That's the problem!" I laid back, my guitar resting on my chest.
"I'm a confident person, but she makes me so nervous and she's so pretty and-"

"No." Mike glared at me.
"Billie, I love you like a brother, but you need to shut the fuck up about Y/N, she's awesome and pretty and you like her E/C eyes, we get it. Go ask her out, before one of us do it for you."

"Will you?" I asked and Tré threw some paper at me.

"Nope." I pouted, before looking at the time.

"Shit, I said I'd meet Y/N for lunch." I jumped up, placing my guitar down. Tré laughed at me and I grabbed my leather jacket.
"See you guys later."

"Don't come back until you've asked her out, or I might actually kill you." Mike looked at me and I nodded my head. They were right. I couldn't keep putting it off.

Y/N's P.O.V. 

I let out a sigh, looking out the window as it began to rain. I picked at the blanket that covered my legs and there was the sound of the front door closing. It was probably Billie, he had the spare keys to my house, considering he was here more than he was at his own place. I heard him call out to me, but didn't do anything other than rest my head against the cool glass of the window.

"Hey, what are you doing up here?" He asked, looking at me as he came into my room. I could only shrug and he furrowed his brows, looking at me carefully.
"Are you mad at me? I'm not that late, am I?"

"I don't feel like going out." I muttered and he moved, sitting next to my feet on the window seat.

"What's wrong?" I looked outside at the rain and he reached over, taking my hand.
"You're worrying me, Y/N. Have I done something?"

"No, of course not." I forced a small smile.
"Sorry- I'm... I just feel kind of sad and lonely and I don't know why."

"Hey, that's okay." Billie squeezed my hand. I moved my legs down and he pulled me into a hug as tears stung my eyes.
"It's okay to be sad."

"I'm sorry. We were supposed to be getting lunch." I muttered and he laughed slightly.

"Don't worry about it, Y/N." He said, breaking the hug. I looked down and he stood up, pulling my my hand.
"Come on."

"I'm not even dressed. I'm still in my pyjamas." I complained, causing him to laugh.

"So? We're not going anywhere." He smiled and I rolled my eyes, standing up. He pulled me against him and I felt a blush rising up my cheeks. His fingers laced with mine and I had to keep my head down, so he wouldn't see the deepening blush on my cheeks. Unfortunately, that didn't work, because he pulled me even closer, so I had to look at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a whisper and he smiled.

"Dancing." We moved slowly and I almost laughed.

"To what music?" He began humming and this time I did laugh a little.

"Do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not worth dying for." I hid my face in the crook of his neck as he continued to sing the rest of 21 Guns, his hand resting on my waist.
"You and I..."

"That's my favourite." I said softly, looking at him with a small smile.

"Yeah?" I nodded my head.
"Well, I'll sing it anytime you want, if it makes you smile like that. You have a pretty smile, Y/N."

"Stop it." I mumbled.

"Stop what? Complimenting you? Never." He smiled and my face burned.

"It's embarrassing." I added and he laughed.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." He whispered and we stopped moving. I looked down awkwardly and he let go of me.
"Y/N, look at me." I didn't move and two fingers lifted up my chin, before his lips touched mine. His lips were soft and warm and I kissed back as he cupped my cheek. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against mine, smiling cutely.
"I was wrong. You're cute all the time, not just when you're embarrassed."

"Shut up." I muttered and he chuckled.
I had never thought of Billie as anything more than just a friend, but that kiss wasn't like any other, as cliché as it sounded. It was amazing.

"I really like you. I have for a long time." He said softly and there was a weird pang in my chest.
"I get you probably don't like me back, but Tré and Mike said I had to tell you."

"I don't think I've ever seen you more than just a friend." I sighed and his smile fell.
"But, then again, I never thought I'd be best friends with members of an internationally famous rock band."

"I don't know what you mean." He said, looking at me carefully. I swallowed my nerves and pecked his lips.

"It means, I liked it when you kissed me, dumbass." His eyes lit up.

"Can I do it again?" I nodded and his lips collided with mine. His arms snaked around my waist and mine around his shoulders. We broke apart, my lips tingling slightly.
"Go on a date with me?"

"When?" I asked.

"Now." He grinned and I pouted.
"What?"

"I'm still in my pyjamas."

"Fine then. I'll go home, get my pyjamas on, come back, we can order take out and watch movies." I nodded my head and he kissed my cheek.
"Great."