8. conditions

Lance sat outside Altea, the late summer breeze flowing through his opened windows. He ran a hand through his hair, the stress was already creeping up his spine.

He had barely slept a wink the night before, even though Shiro, Matt and Allura had left around 6. He had laid in bed and gone through a summary of the bad things that were going to happen.

His phone dinged with the familiar sound of an incoming text. 

Lura: Keith's already here, where are you? 

Lance sighed and replied quickly he was walking in before getting out of the car. He trudged to the front doors and walked in normally, without his usual flair. 

He checked in and headed to the room he and Keith were stationed at- 102. As he made his way there, he ran into enough people to gain his outgoing personality back. He talked with a few friends and of course flirted with every girl he passed. 

His nerves had eased a little.

When he made it to the room, the door was closed. And locked. He didn't feel like knocking so instead he continued wriggling the knob, until the door opened. 

He expected Keith's scowl staring back at him, but instead Allura's clear blue eyes and dazzling smile met him. "Lonce!" She grinned. 

"Come in." She held the door open. Lance walked in, and immediately spotted Keith on a stool, his equipment and bags strewn around him. He seemed interested in his camera, hanging around his neck, as he twiddled with it. He glanced up.

At first, he looked kind? No, calm...impassive? Impassive. And Lance had a sliver of hope. Then it was gone, and his natural scowl returned, he looked away shaking his head. Lance frowned.

He pushed past Allura and stomped over to Keith. "You got a problem mullet??" 

Keith glared up at him. "You're late." He checked his watch under his leather jacket. "By half an hour." 

Lance rolled his eyes. "Oh wow, look whose keeping track." He sneered.

"Look whose late. We've got work to do, what were you doing, having a dance party??" 

Lance narrowed his eyes. "At least I can dance." He spat back.

"Who says I can't?" 

"Your knobby legs, that's who." 

Keith's eyes lit with anger and he started to get up but Allura was there. "Boys, can I not leave you two alone for five minutes??" She stood between them, and she wasn't pleased.

"You could, if Keith wasn't acting like he's my parent or something." Lance said, clearly exasperated.

"I wouldn't have to if you weren't so childish." Keith said, impatience in his tone. 

"You both made a vow to try to make this work, so do that? Please?" Allura rolled her eyes before heading for the door. "I'll be back at your lunch break, you should be at least halfway done by then." The door slammed. 

Keith crossed his arms and glared at Lance. "Look, I'm willing to work with you-"

"I have a condition." Lance interupted, ignoring Keith's sour expression. "Allura, Shiro, and Matt said it was fine." 

Keith raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?" 

"You gotta cut off the mullet, I can't stand it. I can't stand you at all, but the mullet makes it worse." Lance wrinkled his nose.

Keith furrowed his eyebrows. "You want me to cut my hair..?" 

"That's what I said isn't it."