42. smooth criminal

"Is it still crooked? I can't really tell." Allura said with a frown, pulling and pushing at the big rose red bow at the back of her head.

Her hair was pulled back naturally, and she had temporary bangs to go with her dress and knee high socks. Romelle's dress was the same style, but blue to match her poofy pigtails, while Pidge wore a dark green and black t-shirt and shorts rendition of the dresses, to go along with her spiky pitch black hair.

"Looks fine to me." Pidge said, pulling at her shirt. "You done Romelle? " She looked up over her shoulder.

Romelle was trying her best to clean up the leftover black dye from doing Pidge's hair, the splotches adorning the previously spotless bathroom floor.

"Yeah, you're good." She said wiping at Pidge's forehead, before looking out to the rest of the apartment.

Shrek and Fiona were placing loads of food across the orange and black streamer decorated counters- Keith's favorites. Grilled cheese sandwiches, dark chocolate, peach cobbler, and lots of beer. It was probably the most unhealthy array of food to ever set foot in the house, but who wanted a party full of Keith's carrots and apple slices anyway?

Meanwhile, Shiro and Matt were still throwing around decorations- jack o' lanterns and cardboard tombstones, baby bats to hang from the ceiling and spiders hanging off the t.v.

The apartment was packed, lots of working friends in such a tight spot fit for two. The lights were out, instead replaced by a rotating orange and red light from the ceiling. Theme songs from Keith's favorite horrors played on loop, while Hunk eyed the aux in fear.

Lotor stood in his black tux, his spindly build and immaculate face paint making him a perfect jack skellington, as he bopped in the corner with his hair down, watching Allura wherever she went.

Adam, or Dracula, whichever you prefer, made sure everything was perfect, fixing a loose string here or a crinkled ghost sheet there.

Even Alfor was there, dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi, in a stifling brown hood that reached his ankles. His lightsaber from Wal-Mart didn't even cut on anymore, though.

It was a few minutes after 9, when the front door finally creaked open. 

They all saw Lance first, tall and lanky in his risque gold and white. He wore a cream chiton, the garment loose at his knees, and golden toed boots that laced up to his shins. Glitter under his eyes, and the cerulean shining in them made him practically glow. He grinned before stepping aside, Kosmo shuffling aside too.

And all eyes fell on the birthday boy.

He laughed at them all as they screamed happy birthday, taking in his costume. A white tux, and matching fedora, with a pair of the shiniest dress shoes they'd ever seen.

He was enveloped in a hug from them all, before he was let go and they questioned his simplistic outfit. Meanwhile, Lance struggled to dry off his and Keith's umbrella at the front door.

Even Kosmo was dressed up, as an astronaut, in his little space suit, and dog cone that resembled an astronaut's helmet.

"What are you supposed to be?" Romelle asked Keith, looking his suit once over.

" Are you serious? " Keith asked. "I'm Micheal Jackson... Smooth criminal?" He did a Michael spin on his heel, holding the fedora over his eyes, chuckling.

" Oh, I don't listen to a lot of Micheal... " Romelle laughed. "But you look cool!"

"I love it." Pidge said. " Can you do those cool hat tricks he did? " She nodded up at the fedora.