44. real estate

Hunk bopped around the kitchen, shaking his hips and rolling his shoulders with a sunshine smile broad, like his shoulders. Nothing could ruin his mood. Not today.

Because today Mr. Ren would be visiting to give them the meal plans for the runway event.

Hunk had been beyond ecstatic, more than his usual cheery self, since Lance and Keith brought the good news. Not only would this get them enough money to finally remodel, but the attention would keep them on the market for years. 

As if he deserves it. Hunk sighed happily. Everything had been falling into place lately. Shay...work... It was like he was watching a movie, one he himself had directed. Too perfect.

His thoughts were brought elsewhere when a towel whacked his ass, his mother grabbing his attention. "Mr. Ren is here, stop lolagagging, ataliʻi."

The orchestra in his head silenced as Hunk turned to the front of the store, where the familiar clang of the door chimes spurred his attention. The family rushed to the front desk, where Mr. Ren's newly dyed pink hair, and his stark white suit made him a practical light beam in the restaurant.

"Ayee, Ren!" The twins said in enthusiastic unison. Bruno glared at them, before stepping forward with an outstretched hand.

" Sir, " He started only to be waved aside.

"No need for formalities. We're all friends now, right?" Ren said, flashing a million dollar smile. The family blinked at him.

" Don't be so uptight, c'mon, c'mon. " He chuckled, leading the family to the kitchen. He pulled out a notepad, tiny and brown. He flipped through the papers, full of dull scraggly handwriting.

"Ah, here we are." He smiled, placing the notepad on the counter. "After looking through the menu, these dishes are what I would like prepared. Please."

He readjusted his tie, checking his watch here and there as the family skimmed the terrible penmanship.

"So...as you can see." Ren said after a good few minutes passed by of the family trying to decipher the handwriting. " I loved all the ideas, and it inspired me to redesign the entire opening runway set as tropical! I would like to keep most, if not all, of your best recipes as, they sound so delicious. But, I need some of them to be vegan. "

The family frowned at that. "Our dishes aren't really...vegan." Hunk said. " That might be hard. "

"Yes, but. Many of the clients coming are vegan, and I would hate for them to grow hungry. I apologize."

" It's fine. " Mima stepped in, her toned face and fit body unnatural to her age. "We'll adapt."

" Yeah! " The twins said in unison.

"Wonderful." Ren clapped. " Now, when it comes to quantity. Of course there will be hundreds of companies coming, and we'll all be covering the catering services. But there are around a couple thousand of attendees. So if you could prepare for that in case... "

"A couple thousand?" Orion squeaked. " T-that's insane. "

"Eh, we'll manage." Janie said. " It'll be just like the festival's back home!! I can't wait. "

Ren grinned at her. "I love this one's energy." He smiled at her. She blushed.

"Now," Ren added. " You have about a week-"

"A week?!" Orion yelped again. He looked at his family. " This is outrageous! "

Hunk glanced at his dad. "Yeah..it kinda is."

" I know. " Ren said. "And once again, I apologize. Everything's been piling up, and I haven't had much time to review the catering. But. I'm sure, from what Lance told me about you guys. You'll persevere."