30. adam sandler

The last few weeks of September passed slowly, with the youth line runway practice progressing, along with Keith's gym visits.

He'd been going everyday for two weeks, working on his non-existent pudge, and running off the steam and frustration he had towards work.

He can see the progress on his newly born abs, but everyday he grows more and more frustrated with James and Lance's relationship at work.

Keith's been doing really well as Veve puts it, quickly learning his way around Balmera from the maps and directional courses she's given him. He has also been working on magazine issue layouts with her, just so the new Balmera Issue he creates will be perfectly executed.

On the other hand, everyday he has to watch Lance from afar. Walking the runway with James by his side, always a little too close. Keith hated the way James looked at Lance, with a slight tilt of his head, and the crook of his lips.

Lance was always grinning when work finished, babbling about the progress he'd made on poses, or control, or flaunting it. And Keith was happy for him, he was. It just made him furious that Lance always finished his spurts of excitement with a smirk at James.

Veve tried to keep Keith focused, continuously shooting down his jealousy with the same 'James is straight' speel. But the fire in his eyes would always return when he saw James touch Lance. Which was constant. They were too touchy.

Keith barely talked to Lance anymore. And maybe he had gotten too attached to his partner in their previous months of work together. But was that so wrong?

Keith hated feeling attached to people, relying on people. But for once, he admitted to himself, he needed Lace around. More than this, at least.

Despite that, he couldn't bring himself to tear Lance from James for his own personal reasons. He could see clearly how happy Lance was, working with James. And if that made Lance happy...

Keith could live with it. Even if it hurt.

It was only for about another month, then they could be reunited at the runway. Hopefully.

Which made Keith wonder, when or if, he would confess his feelings for Lance, because by now he admitted to himself it was definitely more than infatuation.

He had of course already told Shiro. Who apparently wasn't surprised, like Keith was obvious or something. Pfft.

October rolled around, and Keith found himself once again pissed off. Finished with his issue layouts test Veve had given him, he'd found himself in a trance of Lance's movements up and down the runway. Mesmerizing.

Until, of course, as always, James jumped into the picture. Gripping his hands onto Lance shoulders, a smirk and lidded eyes on his face. Lance lit up at whatever the man told him.

And Keith dropped his laptop, rage coursing through his fingertips, which had gone numb. The laptop skittered with a crash, Veve's head snapping up in confusion.

"What the hec-"

"I'm leaving." Keith said, abruptly. He snatched up his laptop, which luckily only adorned a scratch on the bottom. "Now."

"U-h wha-" Veve sputtered, picking up Keith's papers. "I still need you to take this test on relevant magazines and how they impact-"

"Look Veve," Keith growled, " I'll do it tomorrow. "

Her shocked face was the last thing he saw before he slammed the studio door behind him, practically running to his bike.

..