48. hollywood day 2

The night went by quickly, everyone getting full on their high classed meals and sparkling champagne.

Lance and Keith passed out in the limo on the way back, trudging up to their hotel room and going to sleep immediately.

Then, they woke up to the banging of Allura at their door.

"Lance? Keith!" Bang. " Guys we're supposed to be at the Avalon in twenty minutes! "  Bang.

Lance woke up first, opening his eyes slowly to the blinding sunlight through their window, and the thick heat of Keith's coat from the night before, slumped over the two of them as if it were a blanket.

"Huh-" Lance said, sitting up. "...motherfuckin....Avalon..?" He said sleepily. 

" AVALON?! " Keith sat up fast, his bed head prominent and voice cracking loud. His head hit Lance in the jaw, his boyfriend reeling back in pain as Keith scrambled off the bed.

"Avalon..oh my god Lance today's your debut shot-" Keith said, eyes bloodshot. "GET UP."

Lance rubbed his chin, curling into a ball under the coat. "Boy if you don't shut up... it's so early-"

"Lanceeee." Keith said, grabbing his feet. " I'm not joking with you-"

He pulled, Lance tumbling off the bed with a thud to the ground.

"Ow-fuck-" He whined. "I'm gonna be all bruised now. You know i have sensitive skin." He pouted, getting up.

But Keith was already gone, trucking into the bathroom at full speed.

"Nooo-" Lance gasped, clawing at the door slammed in his face. "Keith you take years to shower."

" And you don't?? Madonna? " Came back Keith. The shower started, as Lance slumped against the floor.

He cleaned up their clothes and trash from the night before, and picked out his outfit for the day. Since it was his debut event as Keith said, he'd be wearing whatever the company chose once he arrived, and would walk his first few runways.

At that, his heart stopped. It finally hit him.

This was it. The paparazzi would be there, loud mouths and critics. Glamor, and white noise. Polished floors, and heels. Razzle and dazzle.

Lights, camera, action

He squealed, hopping around the closet in excitement, grabbing a pair of jean overalls and Keith's NASA hoodie. Wearing each other's clothes had become a well... huge perk. Mutually.

Keith finally stumbled out the bathroom, his pearly whites shining and hair tied up and combed out. "Your turn."

" Took you long enough, we don't have all day. " Lance pushed past him.

"My apologies, your majesty." Keith said under his breathe, before throwing on his skinny jeans and flannel. Underdressed for the occasion, simply. Because today was the big day.

Today, Lance would run his first catwalks, and his performance would determine his placement in the critic's harsh eye. And today, Keith would be taking the shot.

Lance's magazine cover shot. 

They both had immense pressure on their shoulders, everyone seeking their perfection, their best and nothing less.

And they were already late.

They raced each other down the winding staircase, feet scuffling before they leaped the last four steps.