Chapter 33

"So your father is the one that put all of those images in your head?" Tucker asked and I nodded

"So your father is the one that put all of those images in your head?" Tucker asked and I nodded. He stepped closer to me as I faltered a little in my walk to the living room.

I wasn't sure if he even knew that he did that or if it was just a reflex for him.

Harry seemed at a loss for words. First, Tucker and I explained to him about werewolves and daemons and supernatural creatures. He'd almost passed out when Tucker's eyes glowed. I made a mental note not to have him around when any of the boys shifted. Now, he had to wrap his head around the fact that our nonexistent father was in town-and not necessarily on the right side.

Even I was having a tough time understanding, and it was my head that my father had infiltrated with his thoughts and memories. He was powerful. I felt it in my veins.

"We should go," I said, "before Owein gets home."

I looked at Tucker, gauging his reaction. Of course, he was stoic and revealed nothing. But I knew better. He was going to challenge Owein, and that's probably why he'd come to the house in the first place.

The thought of Owein and Tucker going up against each other made me sick. He saw me watching him and said nothing but held out his hand to me. I took it and the contact instantly filled me with confidence and reassurance.

He squeezed it.

"You can come stay with us."

Harry looked at our interlocked hands with a strange expression and then glared at Tucker.

"No offense, but how will that help us if he's a murderous alpha? He can get to us just as easily at your house as he can here."

It felt strange to hear Harry say 'murderous alpha' but I was glad I wasn't hiding things from him anymore.

"I'll have Tilly's mom put a barrier spell over it-"

"Tilly's mom?!" Harry and I both shrieked. Tucker let out a short laugh as he looked at our expressions.

"That was creepy," he commented, "and yes. Tilly's mom, Rebecca, is a witch or mage or magician- whatever the hell you want to call it. She can help protect the house from Owein."

My brain whizzed as it processed this recent information. I wondered why she had mentioned nothing of her supernatural background. Or why Ben never had- my heart squeezed at the thought of him. Ben. So much had happened that I hadn't had time to ask Tucker how he was.

So, after Harry and I had packed our bags and started walking toward the Joy house, I asked him.

Tucker turned to face me and smiled softly. "He's home. He's okay."

My legs registered his words before my mind did so I was already running toward the house when I finally understood what he'd said. I burst through their front door and raced up the stairs toward his bedroom.