Years Just Come and Go

3rd Person POV

A month after Olivia was born, she was released from the hospital. Howard was able to convince Peggy to stay with him and Maria for a first 3 weeks of being home. They helped her during the night when Olivia would get up crying or when she needed a diaper change.

Maria and Howard were more than happy to look after Olivia during the day, while Peggy took naps or did something around the house. After the 3 weeks, Peggy and Olivia moved back into Peggy's apartment. Maria would still come over and help on occasion.

By Olivia's 3rd birthday, Colonel Philips had visited and seen the young girl for himself. He along with the remaining Howling Commandos became a constant part of Olivia's life. They where there for every birthday and even some holidays helping Peggy and taking care of Olivia.

Maria and Howard were married by her 5th birthday and planned to have a child as well. Olivia was also beginning to go to school. Although she never truly made any friends. Olivia grew up only having one friend, Dennis Hopper. He was their neighbor in their complex and had grown up with Olivia. He was 2 years older than her and had his Father, Grandparents, and aunt living with him.

The two went to different schools, but they waited for one another. Peggy was grateful for Dennis's father, Fred. He would take Olivia out with them and watch her after school when Peggy had to work. They would participate in "family dinners" at one another's houses over long weekends.

By the time Olivia turned 8, she started becoming stronger. She was able to lift heavy things and run at incredible speeds. Howard said it was because of the super serum given to her father, but she needed to learn how to control it. Maria and Howard had slowly began to disappear from her life. Ana and Jarvis were still around sometimes. However Olivia and Peggy still thrived, Peggy continued working for the military.

Every year came and went just like the last. Olivia finished elementary school and started middle school in 1957. Peggy would drop off and pick Olivia up from school everyday, causing more and more teasing to occur. Kids from her grade and even older would corner Olivia, calling her names and pushing her over. When Peggy picked her up some days, Olivia would climb into the back seat and cover her head.

Peggy began to worry about her daughter. When they would arrive home on most days, Olivia would ignore her mother and shut herself up in her bedroom. Olivia became depressed and wouldn't speak to anyone. Barely eating and becoming very thin Olivia almost resembled a female version of her father.

This behavior continued up until she was 11, that's when Dennis started to notice Olivia's short temper. Olivia would often walk around the school with her jacket pulled tightly around her and her head down towards the ground. The kids at school all knew who her father was and would push her around and tell lies about him. Dennis decided to talk to her. He pulled her aside when they were walking up to their apartments and tried to talk to her.

"Olivia, what's going on?"

"I'm fine Dennis." She tried to sneak back up the stairs, but Dennis stopped her. "Get out of my way." She snarled.

"I hear the things they say to you. Your thin and look extremely tired. I can tell they're words are getting to you." He said.

She looked at him and tried to push past him again. "Leave me alone, Dennis. I just wanna get home."

"Olivia..." She continued to push past him. "Olivia.."

"Get out of my way!" She began to yell. She pushed harder and harder, until she lost control. Dennis went flying up the stairs and hit one of the top stairs. She gasped and dropped her stuff, running up to him.