Dad

Steve's POV
We landed in the middle of a large field. From what I could tell there wasn't any buildings or homes in sight. The loading hatch opened and Clint lead the way out. "Sorry Cap. With the kids all at the house we can't park where we usually do."
"It's alright." I said. "I've always liked walks." They both laughed and began walking down a path leading to a road. It was almost completely silent for the majority of the walk, up until we started down another dirt road.
"Last night Livi seemed to be in a really great mood. But the medication we're giving her is throwing her through some swings. We'll go in and talk to her before we introduce you." Natasha stated quickly as a white farm house came into view.
I nodded and continued walking as the house and a barn became clearer and the screaming of children louder. I smiled slightly to myself imagining what it would be like in the future for me and Olivia. We reached the porch and they walked in the house, leaving me outside to look out at the flat cleared out space and listen to the laughing and screaming children from behind the house.
"Cap." I heard Clint call from inside as I paced past a window. I looked in and a women inside motioned for me to come in. "Captain, this is my wife Laura. Laura this is Captain America."
"Please just call me Steve." I smiled shaking her hand. She smiled back and and noticed my darting eyes as they searched for the girl I'd traveled here for.
"If your looking for Olivia, she's out back with Nat and the other kids." She said nodding towards the backdoor.
I smiled and looked down at the two bags in my hand. Holding the one in my left hand out for her to take. "Here. For you." She looked down at it and reached out to grab it from me.
"Steve." She gasped opening it. "We can't."
"Please. The government has provided me with more money then I would ever need. Let me pay you back for the care you've given her."
"Honestly, there's no need for this; having Olivia here has been a blessing for us, no trouble." She reached inside and pulled the bundle of cash from inside out. She smiled and reached for me. I stood still for a moment before wrapping my arms back around her. "Thank you."
"Of course." We backed away and Clint rushed past us to the backyard.
"Nat!" He shouted as he jumped off the porch. Laura walked over to see what was going on and gasped.
"Oh god." She said looking back at me. She too jumped off the porch and hurried over to the right side of the ground. "Olivia, what happened?"
Slowly making my way to the open doors and looking out at the scene in front of me. Natasha lying on the grass with a broken railing beneath her. "I'm so sorry. I... I lost control. I didn't mean to hurt her." A small panicked voice from behind me said.
I didn't think to look at the source of the voice, only jumping down to see if I could be of any help to the women laying on the ground. "I'm fine." Natasha whispered, clenching her side. "She needs someone though." She pointed to Olivia and I looked back over my shoulder. Olivia was practically shaking, gasping for air.
"Dad!?" I heard her whisper between hiccups. Everyone stopped in motion to look between us.
Except I could see any of them. Her tearful eyes met mine and the world around us became a blur. "Hi Olivia." I said, taking a step back into the porch. "I've heard a lot about you."
She paled and her breathing became more shallow. "I... I. I can't," she studdered, gripping at her throat. I noticed this and paced over to her side.
"It's okay Livi." I grabbed her hand off her throat and moved it to my chest, making her feel the steady beat of my heart. "I'm real. I'm right here."
She looked at her hand and slowly started matching her breathing to mine. Eyes' steadying and returning her focus to the scene behind me. "Is she ok?" Natasha had gotten back up on her feet and was now being supported by Clint while Laura began looking for injuries.
"She'll be alright." I said as Clint met my eyes and gave me a smile. "It's you I'm worried about right now. Not Natasha." She looked at me shocked and the hand on my chest gathered my shirt up into a fist.
"I lost control. I didn't mean to hurt her." She whimpered.
"I know, you don't need to explain all that right now." I lifted her chin and examined her face. "God. Your even more beautiful in person." I smiled.
"Dad."
"Your mom gave me your picture a while ago. I've seen a lot of pictures of you, but none of them are as perfect as looking at you in person." She smiled and reached her hand to mine.
"You've grown your hair out." She laughed. I laughed as well, reaching out my other arm to gather her to me. Her grip tightened onto my shirt before she wrapped her arms around me as well. "I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this."
"Neither can I." I replied planting a kiss in her hair and letting a couple tears fall.
"I missed you dad. Even though I haven't met you before I've missed you more than I've ever missed anyone." She said. I could tell she was crying but I didn't want to loosen my grip on her at all.
"You won't have to anymore. I'm here now. And I don't plan on leaving you ever again."
She laughed slightly before pulling away. "Good. Because your not getting rid of me easily either."
I kissed her forehead and pulled her head to my shoulder. Thank goodness.

Word count: 1014 words