New York

53 years later

Steve's POV

       When I had woken up from being taken out of the ice, I had no idea what to do with myself. Everyone I knew was either dead or lying in a hospital bed dying. Fury and some of the other agents of shield gave me an old box of stuff they'd kept when I 'passed'. Inside there was a lot of different things: old photos, video tapes, some of my older army uniforms and even drawings. However there was something strange in the box. 

        As I was going through the photo's, there were a couple of pictures of a mysterious little girl. She didn't look any older than 10 in the photos, however there were a few of her and Peggy. I didn't know who the girl was, but somehow I felt a connection to her.

       Somewhere. Somehow; I knew who this young girl was and my mind kept telling my to try and find more about her. To pry Fury's mind and anyone else who would know anything about her. So, after about a month of living and reading things from the internet, I did exactly that.

       Fury said he had no idea who she was or how she got into the photo's with Peggy, but I knew he was lying. I took matters into my own hands. One of the front desk ladies left her keys on her desk, so I took them. I searched each level of the compound until I found a room labeled Records.

       Once finding the right key, I began my search. I didn't know her name or anything, only her picture. I decided to begin with Peggy's files. I pulled box after box off the shelf, finding almost nothing. Until I reached one of the last boxes. Inside there was a ton of Peggy's old stuff. Including a photo album. One picture in particular caught my eye. Peggy in a hospital bed holding a small blanket.

       I pulled the photo from the album and turned it over. There were some worn words on the back.

       Olivia Sarah Carter

       My eyes widen at the sight of the name. Peggy had a daughter? I continued searching the box and found old letters. All addressed to Olivia. I began to read one.

December 25, 1956

Dear Olivia,

       It's my first Christmas without you here. God I wish you were here. Your uncle Howard has been trying to get me to date some of his friends. I can't. Not after your father, he was my world.

       You were my world. I love you Olivia. I always will. No matter how much time passes, I will always remember your face, your smile, that beautiful laugh.

       I wish I would've held onto you a bit tighter. I wish they would've pulled us up faster. I wish it was me in your place. I should've been the one who fell that day. The truth is, sweetheart. Ever since you left, I've never been the same. I've been feeling sick to my stomach, maybe it's because of the fact that I haven't been eating much.

       Every day I walk past your room and my mind immediately goes to you. The first couple of months after you were gone, I'd always walk into your room and try and wake you up for school. Only to realize that you weren't there. That you'd never get to sleep in your bed again.

       Hell, they didn't even bother to look for your body to bury. They made the excuse that it's probably drifted out to sea after the ice started melting. Even Howard wouldn't look. Your gifts are under the tree, right where I usually leave them.

       I love you with all my heart.

   With all my love and admiration,

       Your Mother,