Home

3rd Person's POV

       As soon as Natasha heard the name that came out of the little girls mouth she knew what had happened. She pulled out her phone after making sure the girl was asleep and dialed the directors number. 

       "Agent Romanoff, this better be good." She heard him say from the other line.

       "I'm in France. There was a reported sighting of a little girl, her shirt was covered in blood and she has a broken wrist."

       "Why is this information need, Agent?"

       Natasha took a deep breath and looked over at the girl. "She says her name is Olivia Sarah Carter, sir. Name sound familiar?"

       Nick Fury almost lost his balance hearing that name again. "Say that again."

       "She's claiming to be Olivia Sarah Carter, sir. I don't know for sure, but she has a striking similar appearance to both of them." Natasha explained. 

       "Is the girl with you, Romanoff?" Fury questioned. "If so, bring her back to headquarters, now."

       "Yes sir. Will do sir." With that Director Fury hung up the phone. 

       Natasha gave the driver the new directions and then lifted Olivia into the quinjet. Olivia slept through the whole drive and flight. Natasha hooked up an IV to the girl and started running different test on her. Taking blood samples and prepping her for when proper medical attention was available. 

       When they landed there was a whole medical team ready to take Olivia off Natasha's hands. Fury was also waiting with Phil Coulson and Agent Clint Barton. Natasha exited the jet and handed a vile of blood to Fury. However he wasn't focused on her, he'd caught a glimpse of Olivia and had her locked in his sights. 

       She looked exactly like the pictures Steve and Peggy had shown him before. However he needed to make sure it was actually her. "Director?" He heard Phil call. He turned his attention and saw they beginning to move towards the cars. 

       Fury cleared his throat and looked at the vile in his hand. If it was really her what would he say? What would Captain Rogers do? He blocked the thoughts from his mind and walked behind the group and entering the car.

       They got into the cars and began to drive away. Only glancing back as the paramedics who were loading a sleeping Olivia into the back of the ambulance. 

4 Hours Later

       "Director. Sir." Nick Fury heard someone call from behind him while walking down a S.H.I.E.L.D corridor. He turned around and found one of his main scientist slowly following behind him. The man was carrying a folder to his chest and looked a bit nervous.

       "Yes?" Fury questioned. He made his way towards the director.

      "The results of that blood test you requested are in." The man held out the file for him. Fury quickly reacted to the sentence and grabbed the folder. The scientist quickly fled away as Fury continued making his way down to the office.

       He locked his office door and opened the file. It wasn't very big, but the information withheld was one of the biggest things S.H.I.E.L.D had yet to discover. He read the information over and over again before leaning back in his chair.

       "Sir. Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff are here." A voice called from the speakers. 

       Fury sighed. "Go ahead and let them in." He said loudly back. He knew he was going to have to tell them all sooner or later, better now than later. He heard a beep and then two sets of feet stood on the other side of his desk.