Chapter twenty five

* READ IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END*
_______________________________
We both calmly walk up to the reception desk this time the lady is a little bit older than the one downstairs. As if sensing our presence she looks up from her computer and smiles. "Good afternoon. And welcome to the yellow ward, what can I help you with?" She asks checking through the files.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but we're looking for Aimee Reed? We've heard that she was admitted here in yellow ward." Aiden speaks up.

"Oh yes! She's in room 103 down the corridor, the nurse has just came in and gave her some strong painkillers to relief the pain but she may feel drowsy and sick."

"Just make sure to open the windows and let her rest."  The receptionists steps away from her workstation and walks us over to the room where Aiden's mum is currently staying in.

"Mrs Reed dear, you've got two lovely visitors excited to see you." She knocks on the door and tells us if there are any problems just ask her or  the other nurses available.

"Come in." A weak voice answers  at the door.

I grip ahold on Aiden's hand and we both enter the room, my nerves taking ahold of me and a sick feeling at the pit of my stomach.

There laying is Aimee with wires and tubes hooked onto her, and her chestnut luxurious hair has lost its volume and her bright glowy and her skin is  pale and dull looking.

As soon as she catches a glimpse of me she beams with her pearly white teeth on show. She begins to prop her self up on the pillows to make room for us to sit. "It's okay there's chairs over here." I faintly whisper over to where the wooden chairs are currently sat.

"Aiden?" She murmurs and my heart just shatters into a million pieces.

"I'm here mum." Aiden reaches up and places his hand into hers and hugs her tightly. You can never break the bond between a mother and her son.

Taking my cue to leave, I  tell Aiden and Aimee that I will be waiting outside to give them some sort of privacy and some time to talk. And that's when I hear her low voice again.

"Stay my dear, I want you to be here just in case I have to kick Aiden out." She lightly jokes.

I giggle at her response and sit back down on my seat next to her bed. Over this period of time that I've got to know Aiden and his Mum, I don't think I've ever feel so complete and loved. I can't even remember my life without Aiden in it and his sweet loving mum that loves me just as equally as she does with her son.

I wish I could do something. Anything to make this right. She deserves it for all these years from suffering and mourning  the lost of her Husband, her friend and the father of her son and Daughter. (Which I haven't met yet but I'm looking forward to it.)

"Mum why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling well these couple of weeks?"

Aimee takes in a deep breath before answering "I didn't want to worry you, but I'm fine now." She tries to make a laugh of it but Aiden's face is very straightforward and you could see the hint of irritation in his face.

"Still. I'm your son I should be looking after you. I made that promise to Dad." He looks at her.

I wish I could just hug him to tightly that he would forget about all his pain and suffering.

But I can't.

Because that's not how life works.

"I didn't want to ruin your weekend away with Maddison." She looks over at me and brings her hand in mine and gently strokes it.

"I can assure you, you haven't, I've had such a good time but I would much rather be here with you making sure you get better." I smile at her.

"Aiden." She softly speaks.

"If you ever let this one go, your making the biggest mistake of your life."

He looks at me and studies my face for awhile before turning to face Aimee and speaks clear and loudly. "Don't worry, I've made her mine for eternity and I'm her's forever."

"Maddison your one in a million and I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect to be with Aiden. Please be good to each other."  Aimee looks up at me and Aiden and I just smile.

I get up from my seat and stand by his side and he slowly pulls me into a warm but deep hug that I've been needing since we got here.

"You're the kind of soul anyone would be lucky to be with. And you don't even know it. The great ones never do."

~~
Maybe two or three hours has passed and we are still at the hospital, the doctors and nurses come in and out to check up on her but she still needs to stay the night to be under probation.

Luckily, their  homemade tomato soups seems to work wonders for Aimee as she had regained her strength and even tidied her self up a bit. Aiden has never left her side since we got here and it's nearly 8:00 PM at night and I'm exhausted.

Aiden swiftly picks up his phone and begins to text someone. Ten minutes later, I hear a loud knock sounding at the door and I look at Aiden just as he is adjusting Aimee's pillow.

"Open the door for Alex." Aiden commands and I get up and unlock the door and there is Alex standing with a red burgundy v-neck, a black leather jacket and ripped jeans.

"Haven't seen you in ages, sugar." Alex smiles and I mentally try to forget the horrible nickname he came up for me.

In annoyance Aiden calmly says to him "Get Maddison back to our place and make sure to bring her early next thing tomorrow."

In disbelief I look up at Aiden and he just gives me a stern look which signals that he wants me to listen and do what he says.

"Aiden! I want to stay here with you." I tiredly whine. If I was being honest, I didn't have any energy left in me and I was shattered from exhaustion that I couldn't even keep my eyes open.

"M you can't even open your eyes, and you look so tired. Please let Alex take you back home. Have a nice warm shower and you can even sleep on my bed if you want." I can see how Aiden is trying to compromise with me and I do like the idea of being in his room.

"Goodnight, I love you my princess." He softly pecks my lips and kisses my forehead.

"I love you." I kiss him one more time and walk out of the hospital with Alex near my side.

"I'm guessing your staying round ours too?" I huff at Alex who stays close by my side.

"You know the drill, sweetheart." He playfully winks at me.

This is going to be a long night.
________________________________
Make sure to click the ☆ below if you liked this chapter.

I've been think about this lately and I've been getting loads of messages asking if I am going to write a sequel to Before us. I think it would be cool to actually find out what happens after they leave university and actually start their lives.

Please tell me your thoughts and what the second book should be called down below!

Thank you for the support and love! ❤️🧸