Epilogue

After an exhausting afternoon I begin to walk back to the apartment and surprisingly Aiden is here too preparing dinner. The aroma of freshly baked lasagna invades my senses and I can't wait to tuck in.

While me and Aiden sit on our wooden table and chairs he reaches out and collides his hands with mine. I've miss this. Just me and him in our apartment. And it's so weird to think that when I first came here I hated Aiden.

I couldn't stand his ego and the way he spoke. But now it's hard to think about my life without Aiden in it. You could say that I've fallen. But I think it's more than that. I've fallen in love with him.

We tidy all the dirty dishes away and I walk into my room and of course Aiden follows me, and we both manage to fit on my bed while we endorse each other in our embraces.

A while later, we both fall into a deep sleep still with Aiden laying comfortably by my side, his warm body radiating next to mine. I move my head slightly and place it softly onto his chest while I hear his soft heart beat pounding in my ears, and the way his chest rises up and down.

And I just think to myself that in the end we made our own version of perfect.

"What are you so deep in thought about?" Aiden murmurs stretching his long arms out.

I sit up on my elbows and gaze at him his eyes still with sleep.  "You." I say.

He blinks again and smiles, his white teeth on show.

"Really?"  He chuckles and pushes out a strand of hair away from my face.

"I'm in love with you Aiden Reed."

"I wish I could explain your eyes, and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How your smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with you, I feel so complete. I fell in love with you because you weren't like anyone else I've met before, and you don't try to be. And do not think for one minute that you 'aren't the the one' because your it for me. And I wouldn't want anyone else to spend the rest of my life with. I love you."  I blurt out my heart still hammering in my chest.

"Maddison, I've loved you since the moment i  set eyes on you. I can never not love you. Your everything to me." He places his palm across my face in a comforting way.

"You know how when you are driving and it's pouring down with rain, and you drive under a bridge and everything stops. Everything is almost peaceful, then you finally get from under the bridge, and everything hits you a little harder then before. You are my bridge."

"Everyone told me he was trouble and to stay away from you. Trouble, yes I told them. But never nothing. Not nothing." And with that Aiden smashes his full lips against mine, and now I know where I belong in this lifetime.

In his arms forever.

'And in the middle of my chaos there was you.'
________________________________

To my readers:
Stay wild. Stay perfect. Stay flawlessly untamed. And know that you are loved, not for anything that others make you out to be or, for what the world makes you out to be but because your very soul, is known by someone.
Someone who sees what you are and loves you still. ✨