Chapter Twenty Eight

And the usual dreaded Monday comes rolling in and I turn off my annoying 6:30 alarm clock on my phone and begin scrolling through my notifications that I missed while I was asleep.

Yesterday, was so hectic and we got home later than usual as the was stand-still traffic for two whole hours. 

"Morning." I whisper into sleepy Aiden's ear he's still on edge with the whole Alex situation. I mean I would to. But I can't help but feel bad for him.

"What time is it?" He mumbles his voice still  quite raspy from only just waking up.

"It's 6:30, I think you should get your sleepy bed into the shower quickly in time for your Economics class." I push out his chestnut hair out of his face.

"Can't we just stay here for a little longer?" He groans and pulls me back to bed with him. Trying to untangle body from his grip it only gets stronger.

"Aiden please we are going to be late." I squeal when he grips my waist making me look up at him.

"Why? Can't I snuggle with my girlfriend for a while?" He pouts with his full red lips piercing at me.

"You can later, but for now we have to go." I manage to untangle myself from the sheets and begin picking out clothes for the day. Luckily, I did all my washing before we went on the little weekend away so I have enough fresh clean clothes for the week.

Flicking through the hangers on my wardrobe I find some charcoal grey coloured jeans, and black ribbed turtle neck and a softer grey felt jacket that reaches to the tip of my thigh which makes it more suitable for the winter.

Picking out my clothes I grab some gold necklaces and my Daniel Wellington watch set and head into the bathroom to have a shower and freshen up.

I step into the hot brewing shower and begin lathering my favourite shampoo into my hair and not forgetting to brush my teeth. After drying my self off with my microfibre towel I slip my clothes on and begin styling my hair.

Today, as it is a Monday and I have work I style my hair into a half-up half-down hair style and apply a slight tint of mascara and highlight before walking out and heading to the kitchen.
~~
The two hours that I've been dreading all day has finally come true as me and Aiden causally step into the University doors I'm hit with a certain power of tiredness and hopelessness. Who knew you that going to classes could actually make you physically and mentally tired?

And that's when I hear a voice calling Aiden's name and to my horror I see Alex slowly coming over. Aiden's hand slightly tenses up and I try to keep my calm and kind of hide my face behind his back.

"Hey man." Alex comes towards us and looks behind Aiden's back suspiciously.

"Is that Maddison behind you?" Alex peeps behind his shoulders.

"Yeah, she isn't feeling well. Girl things" Aiden whispers and I feel my cheeks burning up with embarrassment. And that's when I take the time to punch him on his back and he reflexes back from the contact.

"Okay, I will leave you too alone. See you later." Alex waves us off and goes to walk inside.

"He's gone now." He chuckles and turns around to face me with my face all red.

"Why did you have to say  that?" I huff out in annoyance.

"Say what?" He questions further.

"That it's 'girl things' " I run a frustrated hand through my soft brown hair.

"Come on princess, don't be mad." He pulls me by my waist so I'm closer to him that I could actually feel his heart beating.  "Aiden please." I whine.  "You know you look so cute when your mad." He brings his red full lips to meet with mine and lightly pecks them.

"You know he's going to find me at the coffee shop later and ask why I was avoiding him."

"It's okay M, your smart enough to know what to do. I love you." He kisses my forehead and begins to make his way towards his lecture.

"I love you too."
~~
It's been a couple of hours and me and Harriet decided to have lunch at this amazing salad place. My English lecture was slow today and I still need to finish analysing an extract.

"You know I've missed you like crazy." Harriet tucks into her tuna salad while I sit across from her on the other side of the table.

"And I've missed you too." I answer taking a sip of my lemon water.

"So, tell me what it's been like staying with your dad?"

"Oh you know." She signs swirling her sliver fork in the air. "He has a massive expensive waterfounting  in the middle of the ground floor, which is covered in Swarovski crystals."

"And he wants me to run his business when I graduate." She spills.

"That's amazing!" I say before the waitress comes with my food which smells so delicious that my mouth starts to the water.

"My mother has been lecturing me ever since that it's a great opportunity and that it's good to start investing in it." She shrugs her shoulders and places her beautifully manicured nails on the table.

"So what's been happening in Loveland?"

"Nothing much, Aiden look me to this romantic lodge and I actually had such a blast and it was so special I don't think I would ever imagine a better holiday."

"Aw Maddison, I'm so happy for you! You two deserve each other." She places her hand onto mine and I lightly squeeze it.

"I'm expected to be your maid of honour at your wedding and the the godmother of your children." She giggles and gently taps under eyes from crying of laughter.

"Of course, I couldn't get married without you. But who knows, the future is always changing."

"Some people search their whole lives to find what you have. Never forget that."
________________________________
Make sure to click the ☆ below if you liked this chapter.

(Only a couple of chapters left till the end! 😭)

What's your favourite colour?