Inferno

"The fire burns from within."

Titus -

Waking up to the sound of an alarm blaring was not the best way for Titus. Once he realized that it was not his alarm, he looked down at the bed. His hand was not only on fire, but his clothes had been singed as well. He let out a sigh and ran his hand under the water until it went out.

Throwing his pants in the trash, Titus grabbed a new pair and walked out to the kitchen. Only one of his roommates would be awake at this time. Haydn sat on the couch sipping tea as the morning news played. He looked up and grinned at Titus, patting next to him.

"I heard some thumping and the alarm go off in your room, is everything alright?" Haydn looked at him with worry, placing down his tea.

Titus looked at the news playing on the tele. People with abilities were rioting and trying to gain more rights in the streets of the city. He shrunk back, thinking to earlier that morning with a sigh. Haydn saw how nervous Titus was and placed a hand on his shoulder, shocked at how hot his skin was.

"You can show me, it's okay." Haydn encouraged, having an idea of what was going on.

Titus stiffened, looking at Haydn with a small frown. He felt his body grow hot at his gaze and his entire body was engulfed in flame. It didn't burn the couch or Haydn, much to his surprise. Haydn let out a small laugh, placing a cold hand on his body and allowing the cold to speead.

"You're not alone. I'm able to work with water no matter the temperature or state. It was terrifying when I woke up as a preteen floating above my bed with water beneath me." He laughed and Titus smiled.

"How did you do it? Control yourself?" Titus muttered to a near whisper.

"Think of your outcome. The magik will do it on its own." Haydn covered his hands as his cup began to shake.

The tea travelled through the air and began to coil around their hands. Haydn's eyes had closed as he focused, gripping onto his hands more. Titus allowed himself to release the flame and the water began to evaporate. Well, until Titus caught Haydn's hoodie on fire and he quickly put out the flame.

The two laughed about it and watched the tele together as their other roommates began to wake. The two sat on the couch curled together, mainly because Haydn didn't want Titus to catch on fire again and not be ready to put it out. The roommates made their way out the door, the trio having morning classes whilst the two on the couch didn't have classes that day. Once the roommates were all gone, Haydn gripped onto Titus' hands.

"I want to take you somewhere special, may I?" Titus nodded, unsure of what to expect.

Haydn gave Titus his hoodie and muttered something under his breath. Titus felt lightheaded and collapsed into Haydn, with a smile Haydn teleported the two away. When Titus came back to his senses, he was in Haydn's arms at a gigantic building. People walked around from all walks of life, some infants and some elderly.

"This is a place that you can practice your abilities. It's in another dimension so time doesn't affect it. We can stay here as long as you need." Haydn smiled and Titus mumbled sleepily.

The two walked up to the front door and were greated by a few people dressed in various outfits. Haydn introduced Titus to them and helped him down. He gripped onto Haydn, his legs still not stable from travelling through dimensions. A few of the people whispered in the back but stopped as soon as they noticed Titus looking.

"These are some of the most blessed people. They have trained for many years and often lead training sessions here. I will take care of helping you teleport between the dimensions, but Tora will test you." Titus had to crane his neck to see the small woman waving at him.

"Come along now, there's no time," she laughed, "to waste. We will be heading to room 925."

Titus got sick of holding onto Haydn and asked him to pick him up. With a laugh, Haydn threw him over his shoulder and the two walked behind Tora to the room. Once they reached the room Haydn waved and ran around the corner. Titus wondered if there was a viewing room because there was an oddly placed black window on the side Haydn ran to.

"Get up, go to the far wall where the targets are," Tora's voice almost began demonic as she spoke.

Once Titus was in place, Tora threw a lightening bolt at him with no warning. He sprinted out of the way and glared at her. His nerves flared up but he calmed down, knowing that she wanted him to let loose. Titus had to calculate his next move carefully.

He shrunk back to the shadows, the lights in the room dim. His hand touched an outlet and Titus grinned as he felt the energy flow through him. Titus stood up, sneaking around until he got behind Tora. He watched her move, seeing where she placed her footsteps.

Titus felt an unknown feeling overwhelm him. His eyes flickered as his hand grew hot. His hand went out, blinding Tora with light as he kicked her legs. He pinned her to the ground and put his hot hand to her face until she slapped the ground.

"Well done," Tora said, although it was directed at the panel that stood before them.

With tired eyes, Titus made his way to the door. Another weird feeling washed over him as he did so. Turning left, he was nearly run over by Haydn. His body movements were frantic as he looked over Titus for any injuries.

"Do you remember what just happened?" One of the leading teachers walked out, a few following behind them.

Titus gave a confused expression. Haydn gripped onto him and pulled Titus behind his back. With a growl, Haydn stared down on the teachers. They stood in silence as they looked at the two. Titus rested his head on Haydn's shoulder and looked at the teachers, exhausted.

"You just walked through a wall."