Gabriel

"-"

Gabriel -

The Angels had called him, telling him to go look for Cael. His presence had been masked, but Gabriel knew him long enough to find him. He took the request happily, not receiving many duties as of yet. Gabriel had only just received his wings although being the same age as Cael.

Gabriel looked around the bar that he was drawn to. It was dirty by his standards, as all angels would find it. He rolled his eyes and made his way to the bar to talk to the bartender. His smile when he saw someone masking as a human working it.

"Hey love, you're either going to help me or I'll reveal your identity to the whole bar." The angel winked and leaned against the bar.

"Oh no, boss told me to hide that I'm a human," the human winced, looking up at the angel, "how many I help you?"

The angel was shocked that this human hadn't been masking his presence. The human's boss was likely doing it. Gabriel flicked his head around, his feathers ruffling as he felt a presence take over the bar. It was heavy, full of dread and dispare, demons were coming.

"You're going to tell me where the person was just sitting here went. I see you sweating, don't lie to me." The human shook at the interrogation and pointed to the door in the back.

The angel smiled and gave the human a kiss on the hand. He knew that an angel kiss brought good luck, as the angels pass on some of their good nature by doing so. The human blushed and waved goodbye as someone called their name and they scurried to the back. Gabriel went to the back, giving the bodyguards a look as they let him in.

Gabriel didn't look like a typical angel, covered in scars from his previous life, likely scaring the guards. He looked down on the people running around in the back who guided him to the sideline, assuming he was a demon. His wings fluttered once more and he made his way to the side of the stage. The angel made eye contact with his target, Cael, and he shook his head no, making the angel frown.

Two men were fighting on stage. Gabriel knew they were trying to both take the angel. He rolled his eyes in boredom, looking up at the rafters and where the men laid. His dagger came from his side as he contemplated which rope to cut.

His thoughts were silenced as he was scooped off the ground. He tried to turn around but was held still by the person holding him. Gabriel gripped the dagger in his hand before sliding it back, knowing he could receive a punishment for directly hurting another. The person holding him spun him around so that his legs were wrapped around his waist.

"Ah, Azael did choose the worse one. You're beautiful, what's your name?" Gabriel growled as the demon laughed, making the angel huff.

The demon sighed, wanting to make this easier for the two of them. He released some magik and made the angel delirious. His angel snuggled into his chest as he did so. Gabriel felt a warmth surround him as his consciousness faded in and out.

"Get me on the line with the best witch you know now." The demon stalked into the room of the bar's owner.

"A pleasure to see you again Silver. Come, take a seat." Ronove smiled and one of the chairs spun around for the demon.

Gabriel glanced up, receiving a smile from the man across the desk. He noticed the human from earlier and waved, the human nodding in acknowledgement. His face was hidden by the demon as he breathed in his scent. The demon purred as he did so, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"Can you dull down the magik, my God it's so strong in here." The human rolled their eyes and was given a look by Ronove before bowing their head.

Ronove looked at the demon, much more docile than he was earlier. He looked down on the person with adoration and he smiled. Ronove brought the human to his side and placed a hand on their neck. The human nearly collapsed as he did so, making Ronove grin.

"Go on now, I'm here." The witch came in with a wicked grin and looked at Ronove.

"Remove the bonds on him. Someone is blocking his magik, many do it to all newly born until their magik dies back, that isn't fair for him." Silver looked up at the witch as she gripped onto the angel.

"Oh, he's just a baby, maybe a newborn, let me see." The witch eases the shirt off the drunken angel, making him squirm.

Gabriel looked up deleriously, he giggled before trying to go back to Silver. Ronove smirked from his desk, he had not known that angels acted like this when they were magik high. Silver watched the witch carefully as she made the angel lay down. She gave him a mint and Gabriel grinned.

"The magik on him is strong. He's bound, someone gave him the gift, but not truly. Someone doesn't want him shifting." The witch was careful not to speak of him being an angel, not wanting the demon to lash out.

She bent down, her hands disappearing into Gabriel's back, making him whimper in pain. The witch felt around for the chains on his soul. Her hand grasped onto one as she broke it. One after another, the witch destroyed the curses that chained him.

As she removed her hands from his soul, the witch noticed that Gabriel was unconscious. Her hand glowed and she winced as it brightened. The witch, being how she was, decided not to tell the two about his abilities. She waved goodbye, going to talk to the bartender.

Gabriel didn't wake for a long time, and when he did, he was in a room unknown to him. His wings fluttered and he sprinted to lock the doors before releasing them. He collapsed to the floor, their weight foreign to him. Gabriel started to work with his wings, cleaning them and getting used to them.

"Unlock the door," a deep voiced growled from the other side and Gabriel backed away from the door.

Gabriel felt himself relax as he brought his wings back, looking at the marking that adorned his back. There were less than last time and he worried if the demon that took him had something to do with it. He heard the knob snap and hid on the other side of the bed. His body began to shake as footsteps pounded the floor.

"Please call me Silver, come here." The demon cradelled the angel in his arms and Gabriel had enough.

He wanted to go back and see Cael. His friend was still in danger, he needed to go save him. Gabriel thrashed in the demon's arms. He tried to push against the demon to no avail.

"Please stop, you're going to hurt yourself. You've been asleep for a few days and I need to feed you and get you back up and running." Silver placed the angel on the couch, putting a blanket over him.

Gabriel glared at the demon as he walked away. The apartment had an odd atmosphere to it. He looked around but couldn't see out the windows. The angel got up and tried to look out the windows but they disappeared as he got too close.

Gabriel backed away from the windows, ending up in the demon's arms. He huffed and walked away from him, the blanket dragging behind him. Silver watched him with a smile, sitting down across from him to eat. The two ate in silence until Silver came back after washing the dishes.

"What's your name beautiful?" Gabriel looked away, not cooperating with the demon.

An angel's name was sacred. It was only to be shared with family and close friends. Gabriel got up and walked away from the table, going to the front door. Silver got up before he touched the knob, scooping him up.

"If you were to open that door, demons would come crawling in." Gabriel stiffened as the demon placed a hand on his back to guide him up the stairs.

"But aren't you a demon?" And Silver grinned.