Dreamchasers

"Quote yet to be written"

Lucka -

The ground parted like the sea beneath him, they were floating in space, nothing keeping them to the ground. Lucka looked up through the rock at a shining star above them, twinkling in the dark abyss. The innerdimensions had become Lucka's favorite part of the night, no one able to bother him as he looked at his own world.

Long ago, Lucka had learned that he travelled through dimensions instead of dreaming like the majority of the population. After fighting a monster and being stabbed in the side, he woke up in the middle of the night with a bleeding scar. He had kept his travels hidden from his family well, coming up with a quick lie when they saw the scar for the first time.

He was alone in his travels, never meeting anyone like him. Lucka didn't complain, it was his escape from the real world. His travels were his only, kept in a hidden journal.

The moon came into his peripheral vision and he smiled, knowing he had reached his destination for this night. A shimmering pool of water came into view at the universe shifted, the moon behind Lucka and the sun beneath the liquid. His body fell through, the thick liquid coating his body as his soul slipped through the dimensions.

The feeling of suffocation overtook him as his soul left his body. The breath of fresh air coming as he was falling through the air. Lucka grimaced as he felt a sharp pain overtake his back and wings spread out, guiding him down to safety. He looked back at them with a smile, the angel wings more beautiful than words could describe.

A trenchcoat came into view as it descended over Lucka's shoulders. He smiled, slipping into it as he closed his eyes, trying to find the closest town. His eyes flickered as he tried to find the waves, clutching onto it as his eyes opened. An imaginary red string went straight down the road and Lucka held onto it, making his way to town.

The town came into view not long after Lucka started walking. He picked up a local newspaper, the symbols shifting into a language he understood. His eyes widened as he read through the page, biting his tongue as he made his way to a small diner.

Lucka sat at the counter with a frown, placing down the paper and looking around. He gulped as he felt a hot breath on his neck. His eyes began to flicker, the room gaining a blue tint before he closed his eyes. Lucka turned around to face a stranger with amber eyes.

"What're you doing here baby doll?" The man smiled, ordering a drink for himself.

"Go away, I'm here on business. Do you know where I can find Fander?" The man stopped and looked at him, blinking.

"You're a Drear aren't you?" Lucka blinked with a confused expression and the man motioned for Lucka to follow him outside.

"You're not awake right now are you?" Lucka choked up and coughed before nodding.

"Are we called Drears?" The man nodded and smiled as he took a seat next to Lucka.

"Darion, I'm not from here if that's what you're thinking I'm from a different planet where dragons lay," he laughed softly, "you're from somewhere else aren't you?" Lucka nodded, looking off into the distance.

"I'm Lucka, what you call a Drear from Earth, no special powers outside of travelling, it's nice to meet you." Darion smiled and pulled up a hologram from his wrist.

"Fander is one of the people trying to overthrow the government. They seek to remove democracy and make the world to their liking." Lucka cringed at the thought of a global takeover.

"Where can we find them?"

"Their location is not exact but one of their leaders is running for president. Her headquarters is located in the capital, shall we go?" Lucka grinned and the jacket vanished, his wings spreading out.

Darion laughed when Lucka held onto his wrists as the two flew into the city, watching for helicopters and planes. They landed at the top of a building,

The building was disguised by clouds, the two blending into it. Lucka looked around, shrugging on a jacket again and beckoned Darion over to the door. He grinned and placed his hand to the knob, melting the metal and the door swung open. Darion entered after Lucka, placing his hand to the door and resolidifying the handle.

"Floor 101, it's the only room on the floor, let's go." The two made their way down a few floors before reaching the office.

Lucka's eyes rolled back as he conjured up a few weapons, giving two to Darion. He grinned when he saw a few of the bodyguards, using a crossbow and taking them out quietly. His dance was deadly, taking out all the guards before coming up to the woman they were supposed to deal with.

"Your men are incapacitated, none dead, we don't kill in our line of work." Darion grinned, leaning against the wall.

"What do you want? I know you've been watching me." The woman ignored Lucka who had slunk in the shadows and came up behind her neck.

"Your plans are to throw this world into chaos," Lucka whispered whilst placed a dagger to her throat, "now we can be civil and your whole team go to jail. Or, we can call in reinforcements," Darion finishes, walking up to the woman.

Her top was tainted with her blood as it trickled down her neck. Lucka pulled out another dagger, placing it to her stomach. She let out a feeble sigh before raising her arms. A pair of cuffs suspended in the air and came around her wrists.

"You will now tell us where your associates lie," Lucka seethed, coming up to the woman.

"Now that I cannot tell you," the woman laughed to herself, leaning back in her chair, "we are sworn to secrecy. No matter what your superiors do, we do not break, there's backups in place for that reason."

Darion had enough of her talk and called someone on his phone before the woman disappeared into thin air. Lucka yawned, feeling a weight be lifted off his shoulders. He waved to Dation, whose skin began to have a more taned hue.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, I'll be seeing you soon." Darion winked and waved before disappearing.

Lucka felt an unknown weight on his chest as he woke up, trying to turn his alarm off. He eventually did so and sat up, wincing as he felt the weight move. His hand reached over, knocking his lamp but it flickered on.

"Oh my." Lucka rubbed his eyes as he looked down on a small dragon on his chest.

He slid the dragon off and went to take a shower to see if he was awake. Lucka walked back into his room and had to hold onto the door frame as the dragon had disappeared. His bed moved and Lucka nearly fainted.

"Mhmm where's my breakfast?" A hand shot out from under the sheets and Lucka grabbed a shoe that was by his bed.

"Who are you?" Lucka held the shoe as the sheet was moved, revealing Darion from the the dream.

"Wait, if I'm here," Darion pauses and his eyes widen, "get me some clothes. We need to leave now."

Lucka gave him some clothes as he went to find his other shoe. He came back to see Darion laying on his bed. His sheets were pooled around his waist as he finished pulling on a shirt. Lucka motioned  for him to be quiet as they went to the kitchen.

"Who is this?" His roommate came in with a frown, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Darion, I'm Lucka's friend, pleasure to meet you." Lucka gave his roommate a weak smile.

"Don't touch me dragon, I know who you are and why you're here. My question is, how do you know Lucka?" Darion rolled his eyes and showed the roommate his wrist.

"You're a Drear? Let's sit." The roommate sits down and breakfast falls from the ceiling.

"As you may have just guessed, I'm not from around here. I'm from another planet like the dragon, that's why I needed a place to stay. The barriers keeping the universes separate are falling so Hera sent me here to fix it."