Unfortunate Power

Timeskip - 2 Weeks

Third Person POV

It was another day at Beacon Academy. Students roamed the school doing activities of their liking. Hanging out with friends and enjoying the moment. The forest however was a different story.

(Y/N): "Harder!!!" (Y/N) blocked an incoming punch from Yang. The force pushed him back a few feet. She took to the air and delivered a windmill kick. (Y/N) blocked it and the ground beneath him cracked.

Yang: "Not done yet!!" She pivoted her body midair and put a roundhouse kick into his side. This sent (Y/N) sprawling to the ground. Orange flames covered the area where her foot impacted.

(Y/N) found that he could use his flames as an armor of some sorts. He got to his feet and bolted forward. Yang dodged his punch and delivered one herself. It made contact with his face, but he stood his ground.

(Y/N): "Take this!!!!" His arms wrapped around her arm and tossed her to the side. She soared through the air until she hit a tree. When she got to her feet she slammed her fist together and activated her Sembelance.

Golden locks replaced her blonde ones and red eyes replaced the natural lilac color. With her extra power she bolted forward and delivered a haymaker into his arm.

The shockwave made the nearby trees and brush shudder. (Y/N) was flung backwards into a tree where his aura broke on impact. Her Sembelance deactivates while walking towards him.

Yang: "That's 10-10 now." Her hand was extended in front of him. He accepted it and was pulled to his feet. The two of them have spent most of their free time training.

(Y/N): "Don't get ahead of yourself Yang. We still got a long way to go before we're ready." Her smile beamed brightly. (Y/N) always loved seeing that smile.

Yang: "I know, but we're making progress each day." They began their walk back to Beacon.

(Y/N): "I wish I could say the same for Sacred Flame. So far all I know is I can use it as a type of armor and use it to enhance some physical abilities." A warm feeling placed itself in his hand. Yang intertwined their fingers and reassured him.

Yang: "We still have time to figure it out." (Y/N) stopped in his tracks which made Yang stop. He seemed to be deep in thought. "What's wrong?"

(Y/N): "I want to try something. It's been in my head for a while." He extended his other hand and and she took it. They were standing face to face with each other. "Now close your eyes."

Both of them closed their eyes. Yang's aura flared to life and rejuvenated (Y/N)'s aura. Heat could be felt from the both of them. Flowing like an endless reservoir.

The heat continued to rise between them. Their auras increasing in intensity and power. Flames erupted all along (Y/N)'s body, but it was different. The once orange flames burned a brilliant sapphire.

Their eyes opened and were in complete shock. (Y/N) had attained a new form of strength. These blue flames resonated extreme power.

(Y/N): "What is this?!" The boy let go of her hands and step back a few feet to examine himself. It felt natural to him yet at the same time it was mysterious.

Yang: "What can it do?!" The excitement in her eyes was clear as day. There was only one way to find out.

(Y/N): "Stand back." She did as ordered and moved a few more feet away from him. He turned away from Yang and took a stance. His hand clenched into a fist and forced it forward.

Blue flames erupted from his fist and engulfed the area in front of him. The blast itself was enormous. This last for a few moments before the flames extinguish themselves form his body. (Y/N) fell to the ground out of breath and aura once again.

Yang rushed up to him and knelt down. His body felt extremely weak. It was as if the attack drew from his very life force. She slung his arm around her shoulder and hoisted him to his feet.

The area in front of them was scorched a pure black. The fires within the blast radios burned brightly, but never spread. They seemed to only burn the things it touched. After a couple of minutes the rest of the fires went out.

(Y/N): "It  felt *gasp* wrong." His words were shaky and breaths were labored. Yang looked at him worried.

Yang: "What do you mean?!" He was still breathing erratically. It took a lot more out of him then he originally thought.

(Y/N): "It felt like *huff* it was draining *huff* my life." This worried Yang beyond belief. She walked over to a nearby tree and laid him against it. It took a couple more minutes before he finally calmed his breathing.

Yang: "Promise me you won't use it again." Thoughts ran wild inside of her head. She didn't know what she would do if he left her. "Promise me (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "I swear on my life Yang." A relived smile erupted from her face. She hosted him up and helped him walk. "We still need to tell Ozpin and the others about it."

Yang: "I know." They continued their walk back towards Beacon.

Timeskip - 30 Minutes

(Y/N)'s POV

Ozpin: "This is rather disturbing news." He took a swig from his mug and looked to be deep in thought. "If you die then we lose our only chance of winning this war. I forbid you from using this new power Mister (L/N)."

(Y/N): "I'm already ahead of you on that one Oz." Although it was a powerful attack it was extremely risky as well. There's no way I can use it without hurting myself.

Ozpin: "If that's all you needed to tell me then you are free to go." Yang and I left the office and returned to our dorm. The rest of our team was working on their weapons when we entered.

Blake: "How did the training go?" Yang and I looked at each other worried before sitting down.

(Y/N): "We got good news and bad news." The three of them sat up in attention. I explained to them the events that happen an hour ago. Their eyes were filled with amazement and shock.

Weiss: "If you use that new power it will eventually kill you." It was a somber fact, but it was the truth.

(Y/N): "Yeah, it seems so." My mind had so many things racing through it. I got up and walked to the door.

Yang: "Where are you going?" I had so many thoughts going through my head.

(Y/N): "I just need some air." I left and walked down the hall.

Timeskip - 3 Hours

Night had fallen onto the land. My arms were pressed against the railing on the roof. It was relaxing having the cool air against my skin.

Yang: "You alright?" My head turned to see her walking up to me. She still held that worried look.

(Y/N): "No, I'm not." She wrapped her arms around me from behind and pushed herself against my back.

Yang: "It'll be okay." A few tears formed in my eyes.

(Y/N): "What if I can't beat her? What if I have to use that power?" The tears rolled down my cheeks and dropped onto her arms below.

Yang: "I know you can beat her, because you won't be alone. I'll be there with you." She turned me around and placed her lips against mine. My tear feel onto her cheeks. That warm feeling erupted between us. She pulled away and stared into my eyes. "Together."

(Y/N): "Together." My arms wrapped around her lovingly. I will fight for her. I will win no matter what.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.