Flames Of War

Timeskip - 2 Weeks

(Y/N)'s POV

The time had finally come. War would erupt at any moment now. A strong sense of tension hung in the air throughout the school. My team and I sat in our dorm waiting for the signal.

Everyone was on edge while waiting. This was the most important fight of our lives. We either won and brought world peace or we died trying.

(Y/N): "This is it everyone. If you wanna say something then now's the time to do." The room fell into an uncomfortable silence.

Ruby: "I'm glad I got to meet all of you." Ruby was the first to speak. "And that I was your team leader."

Weiss: "I'm grateful that I found people I could call family." Her comment seemed to lightened the mood.

Blake: "I'm glad I found others who can accept people for who they are." She removed the bow from atop her head to reveal her cat ears. I still remember the day she finally told us.

Yang: "I'm glad I have my family and friends, but most of all I'm glad to have you (Y/N)." Her hand moved to mine and laced our fingers together.

(Y/N): "I'm thankful for the people who have become apart of my life. The best part of it all was you Yang." We moved closer together and I placed my head atop hers. "You've  given me things in this world that I will cherish forever and for that I am grateful."

Boom!!!

Boom!!!

Boom!!!

The whole building shook from the explosions. Ruby and Blake fell from their top bunks while I held onto Yang. We all got to our feet and grabbed our weapons.

More explosion occurred while we ran down the hall. Dust and small bits of debris started falling from the ceiling. We dodged anything that fell while running. When we finally got outside we were greeted by howls and gunfire.

A massive Grimm hoard marched its way towards the school while Atlesian infantry opened fire on them. No matter how many bodies feel they still kept coming. My eyes looked towards the back and noticed my target.

Salem stood at the end of her army and in her hands were balls of dark ooze. She threw them into the distance towards the school. Each one detonated when it made impacted with something.

Ruby: "Team RWBY is on the move!!!" Crescent Rose fired and she bolted into the hoard slicing whatever she could.

Weiss: "Well someone has to watch her back." A glyph appeared below her and catapulted her into the are. She used another one to shoot herself forward.

Blake: "I'll make sure Yang stays safe (Y/N)." Gamble Shroud was in her hands ready to strike. I looked back at them and smiled.

Yang: "Be careful okay." I walked up to her and shared a quick and tender kiss. Fire erupted inside my body invigorating me.

(Y/N): "I will." I upholstered Huǒyàn and rushed into the crowd.

Third Person POV

Huǒyàn sliced through a line of Grimm effortlessly in one stroke, but more Grimm took their place. (Y/N) needed to reach Salem fast. It was the only way this war would end. His hand pressed a button on Huǒyàn's hilt and it began to change.

The blade split into multiple segments revealing vent holes. His Sembelance activated and fire flowed into the sword. Fire exploded from the vents and covered the blade.