51. NYC (Final)

Adonis»

I held Farrah's hand tightly as she told me about the harsh things her brother said.

Even with it growing colder, her and I were still sitting on the edge of the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry about speaking on the situation with Abigail."

"It's alright Farrah..you didn't mean to."

She sighed, remaining quiet for a moment.

"I love you, Don." She said, resting her head on my shoulder.

Oh.

"I Uh.."

"Don't say it if you don't want to." She laughed. "I just thought I'd let you know."

I sat quietly, unsure if I could or should say it back. I wasn't sure if it was the frigid wind, or the anxiety making me shudder.

"Y-You're parents are gonna be upset if you stay out late." I said, moving the topic to something else.

"Fuck it." She said.

It seemed as if that phrase was the foundation for our relationship. Sneaking away from the connection club, exploring the city, leaving school, staying over each other's houses..

What if we get caught? What will the people say? What about your mom?

Fuck it.

Before I could dispute her, her phone rang.

The word Dad appeared on her screen.

"Ugh.." she said, looking at the phone briefly before resting back on my shoulder.

"Maybe you should answer him.."

"Why?" She groaned.

"Farrah...answer him."

She sighed, before attitudinally answering her phone.

"Yes?"

I couldn't hear her dad on the other end, but from what I could make out— he didn't seem all too angry or upset.

"I'll be home later....I'm with my friend....I'm fine, dad."

The conversation didn't carry on for much longer, before she hung up.

"You gotta go home?" I asked her.

"Eh, eventually...- who's that?" She said, sitting up a bit.

It was then I noticed Eden's car pulling up to the house.

"It's Eden. Considering the time, I get the feeling my mom won't be home tonight."

She usually stayed out late on evenings close to the end of the week. With today being both a Friday and Valentine's Day..it was safe to say that Noel was with our grandma and my mom was with a guy.

"Don...Farrah. What are you two doing?" Eden said, exiting the car with Adam.

"Talking." I told him.

"About...?"

"Let them talk." Adam said glaring at Eden.

Eden must've spoke to my mom and confirmed that she wasn't coming home, considering he brought home his boyfriend.

"I'm dreading going home, Don."

"I'm sure...maybe you should come inside..and stay a while."

I know what it's like to have too much going on at home, and dread being there. For years I was bullied by my mom and my brother..I wish I could leave like Farrah does.