Ch. 38

'It's time' My mother whispered in my ear as I grabbed ahold of my parents' hands who were standing by my side, ready to lead me inside the hotel where Zain was waiting for me. I held my breath and took a step in his direction as the door opened and we entered inside the hall. Zain was waiting for me as I walked down the aisle to meet him. He smiled broadly at me as soon as our eyes met and I couldn't help but beam with joy. He held out his hand for me to take as we walked to our seats. Anum came to greet me as soon as we sat down and placed a flower necklace around my neck and Zains.

'I waited for this moment for so long' Anum cupped my face in her hands and looked at both Zain and me as her eyes got teary. Zain got up immediately and hugged her.

'I am so happy for you Zain, Maya is going to be a great companion for you and I know you will also try to do the same' She looked at her brother as they parted. Seeing them engage like that gave me hope that with time, their relationship was going to get better and more open. When he sat down again, he held my hand again.

'I am not going to run away you know' I joked as she Anum left us to talk to some guests.

'My wife to be, I won't let you go now' He smirked, making me blush instantly.

'Shall we start Abbas Sahib?' Papa asked Zain's father to start the ceremony now that the Imam had arrived.

'Of course, the bride and groom are ready, why wait?' He responded happily and I pulled my hand from Zain as the Imam made his way to our table to start the ceremony. The Imam asked both Zain and me if we accepted each other as husband and wife and we both happily repeated the word Qabul Hai three times to agree. After signing on the marriage contract, we completed the ceremony by sharing a piece of mithai, sweets with each other.

'God bless you with happiness my dear' Zain's mother came to me afterward to give me her blessing.

'Thank you Aunty' I replied as I got up to hug her along with Zain.

'They forgot to add one thing' Zain leaned towards me as his mother and the rest of our family members and closest friends left after congratulating us as the dinner was about to get served. I looked at Zain, wondering what he was talking about.

'They didn't bless for our madness to stay intact' He said to me with a serious face, making me laugh as I stared at my husband.

'Don't include me in your club, I am very much stable' I teased him.

Sana reached our table with a plate of food in her hand.

'Just one?' Zain eyed the plate.

'You guys are married now, it's time to start sharing' She told him as he took the plate from her and offered me a spoonful of biryani.

'Here' I did the same for him.

'I am so happy for you, may God bless you with lots of happiness...no more crying now' Sana hugged me tightly.

'Thank you for everything' I said to my lovely friend who was there for me every step of the way and listened to me patiently as I poured my heart out to her countless times.

'You can rest now, everything is fine' I heard Zain say to Sana and I looked at him, catching him staring at me.

'It better be fine or I won't be spare you if you make her sad' Sana warned him.

'Noted' He nodded.

'By the way, where is my gift?' I asked him a while later when almost everyone was gone and only us and our family were left at the venue.

'Give me your hand' He offered his hand for me to take, I stared at it.

'You really got me a gift?' I was surprised.