1 - Oh Baby Here Comes The Sound

Remember how I was just gunna come back and re-upload my old fics for people to enjoy?

Well, then MCR came back

and I have a lot of stuff to procrastinate

so here we are folks. 

---------

One - Oh baby here comes the sound

Packing for tour was a lot easier when you've learned not to care about personal hygiene. Gerard had long since accepted the fact that the jeans he was wearing would be torn to shreds within the next few months, and his stage shirts ruined by sweat beer and blood (you really never did know what was going to happen on these shows - they got crazier by the day.) There were the few staple things that couldn't be forgotten - the skeleton onesie, the makeup (and there was a lot of it), a comic or two. Most other things could be bought at gas stations. 

All in all, packing did not take long. When he was done he dumped his duffel bag by the front door and turned to look back at his apartment. Truth be told, he hadn't spend much time there that year. My Chem had snowballed into fame, and with it the tours got longer and the breaks between them shorter. 

He didn't mind though. He wasn't burned out yet, and this tour promised to be the best one yet. 

A knock on the door roused him from his daydreams of tours past. He took a final glance around the messy hallway in a last attempt to spot anything he might be forgetting. His gaze settled on his sketchpad, which he grabbed and quickly stuffed into the top of his bag. That was close, he was definitely going to need that on the road. 

With that he opened the door and swung his bag over his shoulder. 

"Ready?" Mikey Way grinned, leaning in the doorway. 

"Yea" Gerard stepped out, slamming the door and making a mental note to remember which bag pocket he put his keys in, because he will definitely have forgotten by the time he gets home from tour. "Am I the last to get picked up?" 

"Nah, we've gotta get Frank next then we're good to go" Mikey fell into step beside him. His usual beanie was not present today. Instead his hair had been straightened to the point it didn't really move, and he was wearing his normal band tee and black skinny jean combination that he was very rarely not seen in. 

"We better get moving then" the two of them emerged from the apartment block and climbed straight onto the waiting tour bus. 

"I've already claimed my bunk!" Mikey yelled after him as he headed down the bus, stopping to hug Ray and Bob. 

"Good to see you man" Ray grinned.

"Yeah long time no see" they hadn't seen each other for a couple of weeks, which is really weird when you're used to seeing each other all day every day. Gerard had really missed them all. He'd seen Mikey of course, and technically him and Ray had hung out two weeks ago, but he had to admit he was really looking forward to seeing Frank. His best friend had been away, and not having him round had felt strange. Like when you miss a step going up the stairs, or you feel like somethings missing but you can't quite put your finger on what it is. 

Gerard moved further back through the bus, reaching his new bedroom for the next few weeks. The bunks lined either side of the bus, and he could already see Mikey, Ray and Bob's stuff on the 3 on the left. He knew Frank liked to be on the top bunk, so he took the one beneath it, dumping his sketchbooks and comics so there was no doubt who it belonged to.