16 - The way your eyes look into me

When Gerard woke up the next day, he was alone in his bunk. The space next to his was still warm though, so he knew Frank had been there recently. The bus wasn't moving, so they must have already arrived at the next venue. 

He stretched and blushed as the memories of the night before raced through his mind in a blur, snippets of Frank's lips, his expressions, the feel of him-

Gerard sat up before he could get too lost in it all again, and pulled on a hoodie and his jeans, figuring he'd shower later on. The hoodie was one of Frank's, but he'd left it in his bunk and it was a bit big on him anyway. Plus, Gerard really liked how it smelt of him. God, he was turning into a sappy mess when it came to Frank, and the worst thing was he was loving every second of it. 

When he walked into the living area Ray and Frank were both sat with their guitars in their laps jamming. The riffs sounded new, and Gerard grinned and sat down across from them, tapping his foot along. Mikey was sat playing video games, but looked up to give his brother a brief smile. 

Frank glanced away from where his hand was dancing skilfully across the frets to meet his eyes, sending him a small, almost shy smile. Gerard focused all his energy on not blushing, but it was fucking difficult when all the memories kept pouring into his mind. 

Mikey glanced at his choice of hoodie and raised his eyebrow ever so slightly, but luckily at that moment he lost his game, and was quickly distracted. 

"Motherfucker" he grumbled, chucking his controller next to him on the couch "I keep getting beat by 13 year olds on this damn thing."

"You are a bit hungover" Ray laughed "maybe we can blame it on that."

"Maybe" Mikey sighed "I haven't been sleeping great recently."

"Only a few more shows left of this tour, then you can get some decent sleep" Frank mused. 

"We're going straight to Japan after this though, right?"

"Yeah, but we've got hotels there. Actual hotel beds, duvets and walls and no fucking motion sickness" Frank grinned before turning to Gerard "plus, it's like all of our favourite place to visit."

"Hell yeah" Gerard grinned "can't wait." 

He hadn't given as much thought to Japan as he normally would've done. Even though it was only a matter of days away, it still seemed far off to him. Like he was only really comprehending each day as it came and inevitably wizzed by, a blur of drinking and then the show, then the afterparty, and passing out in his bunk next to Frank. 

*

Gerard didn't get a moment alone with Frank until the end of soundcheck. They'd finished going through Cemetery Drive, and Bob was going through some stuff with the drum technician, but the rest of them were done. 

"Hey"Frank crossed the stage to his side, guitar still draped over his shoulder.

"Hey" Gerard let a tiny blush creep across his face, hyperaware that this was their first proper conversation they'd had since the night before. The others were well out of earshot, but all the same he moved across to the wings of the stage as he spoke "you should've woken me up this morning. I wouldn't have minded."

"You were in a deep sleep" Frank shrugged as he placed his guitar on the rack "and you looked cute too." If he hadn't been blushing before, Gerard definitely was now.