3 - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?

The rest of the show went pretty well. Sure, Gerard stumbled a few times, both physically and over lyrics, but on the whole it was fine. He put everything he had into it, the crowd laughed at all his jokes and the rest of the guys didn't miss a single beat. If anyone noticed him slurring words now and again they didn't show it. 

"Great show guys" Brian grinned at them all as they left the stage. Gerard grabbed a bottle of water and downed it, glad to be out of the heat the stage lights gave off. The others were giving their guitars to the tech's.

"Thanks" Mikey grinned "it was pretty great for the first one of tour."

"Better than pretty great I'd say. You boys have got such good chemistry up there. And they go fucking mental when you start kissing each other or whatever that is" Brian chuckled, turning to Gerard and Frank. 

"Yeah" Frank brushed it off "it's a laugh."

"Gotta piss off the homophobes y'know" Gerard quickly mumbled in agreement and grabbed a beer from the nearby table. The others all grabbed one too, although he started gulping his significantly quicker than they were. 

Frank seemed on such a post-show adrenaline high that he wasn't being off with him anymore. If there was any way to cheer Frank up it was a good show, and he'd been amazing. Gerard always noticed how much passion he put into his performance, and trying to keep up could be exhausting. But they'd all been spot on tonight, and so grudges about how much he'd been drinking beforehand seemed pushed aside. 

"Where's the party then Gee?" Mikey asked. 

"This way I think" Gerard grinned, and they all followed him towards the back of the venue.

"Have fun guys!" Brian called after them. 

"We always do!" Bob yelled back at him. 

When they got outside the party was in full swing. It spilled out of The Used's tour bus and into the surrounding marquees and tents. It was mainly bands and crew, but there were definitely some groupies that had been let through too. They quickly pushed past these types, uninterested and instead heading into the main bus. People parted to let them through, and Gerard quickly turned his attention to finding Bert. 

"He must be round here somewhere" he sighed.

"I'm sure he'll show up" Frank shrugged beside him, seeming disinterested "he always does eventually."

"Yeah I guess."

"How come he didn't come watch our show?"

"He was here I guess" Gerard said as casually as he could. There was no way he was admitting to Frank that he'd asked Bert to come watch and he hadn't showed up. He didn't need another reason for Frank to dislike him. 

"Oh, right" Frank glanced around "well, his loss. You were great tonight."

"Thanks" Gerard smiled at him "so were you."

"I know."

"Cocky bastard" Gerard rolled his eyes and Frank giggled in an annoyingly adorable way. 

"Hey babe!" Bert yelled, walking into the room and bringing their conversation to an abrupt end. He was completely wasted. Gerard had started to sober up a bit during the show but one look at Bert and he knew he wanted whatever he was on. He still had his gift from earlier in his pocket, and all of a sudden he felt his fingers itching to try it. "How was your show?"