.CHAPTER ELEVEN.

surprise
~[|]~

Gerard was sprawled across the couch of his apartment, of course watching- or rather, rewatching The Texas Chain Massacre, enjoying a hefty bowl of cereal.

It was Saturday, and he wasn't working for once. The whole diner was actually under construction, because they were installing another booth and apparently that meant they had to shut down for a bit, but Gerard wasn't complaining or anything, he was simply living the best life, as some would say.

He was about to bring another spoonful of cereal to his lips when his phone started vibrating aggressively on his oak coffee table. Gerard sighed to himself and picked it up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" He asked into the phone, setting his bowl aside.

"Hi Gee." Frank said happily on the other line.

"Hi Frankie." Gerard laughed, slowly going to wrap himself in a blanket.

"Are you working today?" Frank asked, and Gerard was starting to get the feeling that Frank was planning something.

"Um no actually, diner's under construction." Gerard said.

"Cool," Frank said cheerfully, "so I was sorta wondering if you wanted to maybe go on a date tonight. If that's alright, I mean you don't have to or anything."

"Of course I'd want to go on a date with you, Frank." Gerard smiled into the phone.

"Rad." Frank said and Gerard could picture him grinning on the other line. "I'll pick you up at eight, okay?"

"Okay." Gerard muttered with pink cheeks.

"Okay," Frank concluded, "um I've gotta go but yeah, um, I'll see you tonight."

"Wait, Frank, you don't even know where I live." Gerard laughed as he heard Frank mutter an 'oh yeah' from the other line.

"Send me your address then, dork." Frank said with a laugh.

"Fine, loser." Gerard mumbled, and soon they hung up and Gerard was left to have a mental breakdown, because shit he hadn't been in a date since the summer of when the pilgrims were still hunting down the natives.

Luckily eight o'clock was actually nine hours away, so he had plenty of time to get his shit organised. For now though, Gerard decided, he would just keep watching his movie.

It would all be fine.

- -

It was fucking six o'clock and Gerard hadn't even showered yet- or changed out of his pyjamas for that matter. Gerard would often be referred to as girly since he always took hours getting ready for something he genuinely cared about.

He contemplated calling up Mikey for help but decided against it, opting to call Brendon instead. They were somewhat friends, they'd talked outside of work a couple times, and honestly, Gerard was fucking desperate.

"Hey Gerard, what's up, man?" Brendon asked after a few rings.

"Hey, I kind of need your help." Gerard said sheepishly.