.CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN.

cotton promises
~[|]~

"Hey Gee."

Gerard stared at Frank, who was currently standing next to Pete awkwardly with his hands stuffed into his pockets.

An uncomfortable silence came over the room, and all Gerard could do was stare at Frank, praying that it wasn't too obvious how shit he looked. He didn't want Frank to see that he had been crying, or that the bruises littering his face only seemed worse than before.

"Well," Brendon's voice cracked, "We're just gonna go..."

"Yeah we have a thing." Ray added, shuffling out from behind Gerard, and grabbing Ryan and pulling him out.

Brendon followed and soon it was just Pete, Frank and Gerard there.

"Um, I have to... the thing... yeah." Pete chocked out awkwardly before rushing off behind Frank, and soon the front door closed.

Gerard looked away from Frank, biting his lip as he looked at the carpet beneath him. He didn't say anything and he wiped his eyes quickly as Frank shifted over to sit in front of him.

Gerard didn't look up at him, he just played with the loose thread on his sweatpants, waiting for Frank to say something.

"I miss you." Frank said so quietly Gerard barely heard it.

Gerard glanced up for a second to see Frank looking at him.

"I miss you too." Gerard whispered, his voice hoarse and raw from crying.

It was quiet again, and Frank was sitting cross-cross in front of Gerard, who's knees were still up to his chest.

Frank didn't say anything as he lifted Gerard's head up carefully, a frown etched across his face as he examined Gerard's features. His face no longer pale and smooth anymore but full of green and dark bruised, the cut on his lip burning as he bit his lip nervously.

Frank let go of his head and looked away, "It's um, healing."

"No, it's not." Gerard said back, watching as Frank's body seemed to slowly cave in on itself.

Frank's own face was clear of injuries, apart from a small cut on his eyebrow from the time he had come to Gerard's apartment on the night of their fight.

Frank stayed quiet, and Gerard felt his skin start to feel itchy as they just sat uncomfortably.

"Why're you here?" Gerard asked quietly, making Frank's head snap to look at him.

Frank sighed softly, playing with his fingers.

"Figured we needed to talk." Frank mumbled, and Gerard nodded gently.

Frank swallowed.

"Before we do.. talk, I um, I want to say that I-I love you. This fight hasn't changed anything for me." Frank said, and Gerard felt his heart thump happily after hearing Frank say he still loved him.

"I love you too." Gerard muttered, and Frank's eyes seemed to brighten momentarily at that.

And the next thing Gerard could really comprehend was that Frank was leaning over, pressing a soft and quite hesitant kiss on his lips. Gerard sighed softly against his lips and kissed back carefully.