.CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

! same day as the last chapter !
———————————-
ice cream break
~[|]~

Gerard laughed out loud as Frank attempted to scavenge his wallet for any dimes, the man letting out a frustrated sigh.

"You're never gonna find one." Gerard smiled, continuing wiping the counter, taken by surprise when only a split second later Frank was crying out in victory as he pulled out the single coin.

"Get ready to dance for me, Gerard." Frank basically purred triumphantly as he put the coin into the small boombox in front of him, Gerard staring at him in disbelief.

"No, don't-"

It was too later, the loud music had begun pouring out. YMCA starting pouring out of the shitty speakers surrounding the diner, and all the staff groaned in unison as they got up on the tables, plastering fake smiles. Well, everyone but Gerard had smiled, Gerard kept his annoyed expression as he glared at Frank.

He started doing the choreographed dance he had already memorised, making sure to shut Frank's laughter up with a cold stare.

Everyone in the establishment stared at them, and Gerard could feel his hands start to jitter in anxiety.

"I hate your guts." Gerard groaned once the song was finished, and he attempted to get off the counter, accidentally slipping.

Luckily, Frank caught him, practically holding him in his lap.

Gerard's cold stare softened and his eyes traveled over Frank's face in gratitude, and adoration.

"Thank you." He mumbled, and Frank nodded, kissing his cheek. Gerard's cheeks turned pink at the action.

"That was lovely, I think I have another coin in th-"

"Don't even think about it." Gerard threatened, getting off Frank's lap to straighten out his sweater.

The only customers in the diner were Frank, that guy from earlier, and a couple. Brendon, Pete, and Bryar were all still there, and Gerard was just glad his shift would be over in twenty minutes.

Gerard skated off to another table, writing down the order which was a large plate of fries and orange juice. He smiled genuinely, excited that this would be his last order for the night, and went off into the kitchen.

"Hm, he's cute. What's his name?" Pete asked as Gerard got out a bag of potatoes to cut.

He looked up at a grinning pete, close to throwing the potato peeler at his face, but deciding against it ultimately.

"His name's Frank." He muttered looking down, and Gerard really couldn't help the blush that dusted his cheeks.

"Oh, score. Love me a guy with an old man's name." Pete said with a laugh, dodging a piece of potato peel Gerard attempted to throw at him.

Once Gerard had peeled and cut all of the potatoes he placed them carefully in the deep fryer, pressing the right buttons before mumbling something to himself about having to bring the orange juice.

He grabbed a cup and the glass bottle of fresh orange juice made earlier that day. Gerard skated out of the kitchen hastily and placed the cup in front the man who had ordered it, and that's when he heard snickering coming from behind the counter.