.CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.

sorry for the confusion about the update earlier- i had to take this down to make a few changes :)
+
also i think this is one of my favourite chapters in this book, and i know it's not gonna be a popular opinion but.. ah

~[|]~
familiarity strikes again
~[|]~

"Why won't he ask me out?"

"Shut up, Mikes, I'm trying to work."

"But—"

"Mikey," Gerard started, stopping his chocolate syrup-drizzling to glare at his brother, "can this wait?"

"No." Mikey rolled his eyes from his position on the bar stood, facing Gerard. He was spinning around without a care as Gerard tried, fucking tried to make these burnt pancakes look at least edible.

He wouldn't take credit for the fact that they were burnt, solely because Pete burned them whilst doing his English homework, and Gerard certainly wouldn't take credit for the fact that Brendon nearly dropped them three times so far.

It was just Gerard's job to fix them, and it was proving to be quite a pain in the ass, seeing as Mikey couldn't fucking shut up for two whole minutes. Apparently he was way too busy reminiscing about the fact that Pete hadn't asked him out properly yet, even though they'd apparently been on-and-off flirting.

Gerard didn't even know why Mikey was moaning on about Pete, seeing as he was literally a few feet away from him in the kitchen, probably burning more orders, and Gerard also didn't know why Mikey didn't just ask Pete out himself.

"—I just don't get it." Mikey finished, sighing for the hundredth time.

"Mikey, just ask Pete out yourself." Gerard said as he put a few blueberries on the chocolate sauce.

"No." Mikey said defiantly.

"Why the fuck not?" Gerard raised an eyebrow, looking up from the chocolate-covered monstrosity.

"Because what if he says no?! Then I'll just be a loser with a broken heart." Mikey said softly.

"Well, right now all you are is a loser with a grumpy older brother, so if you don't move your ass to that kitchen and ask Pete out, I'll tell Mom you drank beer." Gerard said with a bitter smile as he picked up the plate and skated around the counter to serve it to the poor women who asked for it. Man was she in for a surprise.

"That's literally blackmail, asshole!" Mikey called out, grumbling to himself.

Gerard didn't respond, instead skating to a family that had just sat down.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Gerard asked, putting on his most polite voice.

"Uh I'd like a waffle and some lemonade please." The father smiled, and Gerard pencilled it down along with the other orders.

He soon skated into the kitchen, where he saw Pete with wide eyes.

"Pete?" Gerard asked cautiously, watching Pete's frantic and stiff stance.

"I think I'm on my period." Pete said quickly, his eyes meeting Gerard's.

Gerard hesitated for a moment.