The Truth Comes Out

This goes out to needdatbluefood, for commening/voting.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Enjoy

Annabeth Pov

Why did I call Percy, out of all people? 2 reasons.

1. He's my first real friend, and it just, felt right.

2. He's the only contact on my phone, beside Luke and Dad.

But if he asks, I'll just tell him the first part.

I guess I got lucky, in a way. Normally, my dad or boyfriend, would still be there, so I wouldn't get help, and would probably get hurt further. But Dad and Luke were both gone, at the time, probably out drinking. They were leaving in a couple days, for a whole week this time! Now, all I need to do is convince Percy it was normal to be jumped twice in one week. Easy.

I sat in the back of the bus, like normal. I wish I had a car. Then I could just avoid this.

"Hey!" Came an ask too familiar voice, "well can I sit down or. . ."

I slid over and came face to face with Perseus Jackson.

"Don't you have a car?" I asked, "Or did you steal that one?"

"It's not my car, it's Pauls', my stepdad, he just let's me use it."

I nodded, but winced at the pain.

Percy frowned and cupped my face, to look at it closer, obviously. Not for any other reason. That would be weird.

"You ok? It looks sore, how did it happen anyways?"

"I told you, I was jumped."

"Again?"

"Yes, Percy, believe it or not that kind of thing happens in New York!

"Annabeth."

"I'm fine Perce, really."

"Fine."

I sighed, hoping he didn't see the pain in my eyes.

I leaned against him, exhausted. I normally only get a couple hours of sleep a night, catching up when Dad and Luke leave for a week. Or in class. Whichever is more convenient. It took him by surprise though, but he smirked anyway. I drifted off a couple minutes later.

//////Frank//////The//////Line/////Break///

School went by fast. Percy introduced me to the rest of his friend group. They were nice people, but a little. . . Out there. I mean, there were 9 people in there group. I wasn't really listening to the conversation, so I focused on memorizing their names.

Percy, Piper, Jason, Leo, Hazel, Frank, Reyna, Nico, Thalia, and Will.

Now, I was walking home because I fell asleep and missed the bus. I shouldn't have been surprised when Seaweed Brain pulled up next to me, asking if I wanted a ride.

"I dunno Seaweed Brain," I teased, "I'm not supposed to take car rides from people I barely know."

"Well," Percy replied, "Get to know me better."

I chuckled and hopped in shotgun, "I thought this was Paul's car."

"It is, Mom's picking him up today."

I nodded.

"How's your face?" Percy asked.

"Fine, just sore." Nope, you are not prying anything out of me Perce.

"Cool, cool." He still seemed suspicious.

I nodded, listening to the music on the radio, and passed out, for the 7th time today.

"Wake up, Wise Girl, we're here."

I yawned at sat up, "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem," He replied, studying me closely.

I swung the door open and stepped out, though I was apprehensive. I'm sure both my Dad, and Luke were there. Which was bad news for me.

I ran to the door and shut the door, only to be narrowly missed with a glass beer bottle.

"What, are you doing here!" My Dad roared, the stench of alcohol fresh on his breath.

"School's over." I squeaked.

He frowned deeply, before nailing me in the gut with another beer bottle.

"Luke! Come teach your 'Girlfriend' a lesson!"

Luke growled, and rose from the couch. "Stupid girl, taking up my time! You deserve nothing!"

I was hit with a chair, and almost passed out right there. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. Luke slammed on top of me jerking my ankle the wrong way. I blacked out for a minute or so, waking up to a leather belt whipping my side.

"Please!", I begged, "Stop!"

"Shut it!" They spat.

Then I heard it. A knock at the door. But instead of waiting, the door opened a second later. And in stepped Percy Jackson.

"Annabeth, you forgot your. . ." He trailed of when he saw me.

I was desperate, it hurt, worse than normal.

"Help." I squeaked.

That did it, Percy kept into action, pulling me gently into his arms. He left as fast as humanly possible, jumping into the already started car.

Luke and Dad got over their shock, and started running out.

"Drive! Drive, drive, drive!" I yelled.

Percy slammed the breaks, passing the speed limit quickly. No one said a word until we got to his house. When we did, he scooped me up into his arms and carried me inside.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I shook my head, I couldn't lie to him anymore.

He ran to the bathroom, and grabbed the first aid - kit.

"What hurts?" He asked.

"My face, my side, my ankle."

He nodded, and started on my face. It wasn't too bad. A couple gashes, a little bruised, but not super bad. Then there was my ankle.

"I think it's broken. I have to set it, but it's gonna hurt." He warned.

"How do you know how to set a broken ankle?" I was stalling, but also curious.

"Same reason you did." He whispered softly, "My old stepdad. But who was the other kid? Next to your dad?"

"My boyfriend." I whispered, tears threatening to spill.

"Oh Wise Girl, no."

I nodded softly, and he hugged me.

"And you can't call the police?"

"No! My sister, Mia, she's in a foster system, I promised to save her first."

He nodded, "Ok then. But you know I'm gonna help you right? You can call me, text me, whenever."

"Thank you." I whispered.

He smiled softly, "Now, let's fix that ankle of yours, shall we?"

I nodded, and he grabbed a splint to put it into.

Long story short, I lost consciousness.

When I came too, I was in a bed. With bandage around my side. Which means Percy saw all of my other scars. At least I felt better. Ish.

I decided to catch up on some much needed sleep, and closed my eyes once more.