Hope

This is dedicated to, Halfbloodkeeper for commenting, voting, and following! And, SeaGreenHorizon, for . . . Reading. Thank you so much for the support. :) Btw, I updated the cover, I love it. . . Tell me what you think! ok, on with the story!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Enjoy

Percy pov

"Wise Girl," I murmured, "Wise Girl, wake up."

I almost didn't want to wake her up. The way her curly blonde hair fell around her face, the way a small smile rested on her lips, like she was finally at peace, and the way she looked so tiny on my bed, made her look like an absolute angel. But Mom would be here in 20 minutes, and Annabeth needed to leave.

She stirred in her sleep, and I shook her gently.

"Percy," she murmured, "Why are you in my room?"

I smiled at that. Then her eyes flew open and she jerked up.

She started yelling, "Why are you in my. . .!"

3,2,1. Cue look of realization, guilty look, then frightened face from memories.

Then Annabeth did something that surprised me, she wrapped her arms around me, and didn't let go. I hugged her back, still in surprise by her sudden show of weakness.

"I don't wanna go back," she murmured, "They'll hurt me again."

The way she sounded so genuinely scared made me wanna let her stay, as long as she wanted, but the other part if me knew that she couldn't, without other people having knowledge of her circumstances.

"I know," I murmured, "But my mom's gonna be here soon and . . ." I trailed of when I saw the pain on her face. "Come on Wise Girl, let's get you to the car, ok?"

She nodded, and tried to hide the tears sliding down her cheeks.

I couldn't let her go back. When Mom gets home I might not be able to come get her if she needs help.

"I have an idea." I told her, grabbing my phone.

C'mon Pipes, pick up, pick up.

"Percy?"

"Yeah, look, I was wondering if Annabeth could stay the night. She got jumped on our way back and got injured pretty bad. I would stay with her, but I'm not sure Mom would let her, and her dad is out of town."

"Ok, sure, but Hazel and Calypso are already over here."

"That's fine, be there in 10."

"So," I turned to Annabeth, "How'd you like to have a sleepover?"

She blinked, "Ok."

I took her hand and carried her to the car, with much disagreement on her part.

*************shampoo***********

"Ok, We're here. You have my number, Piper has my number. Calypso and Hazel have my number. You'll be fine."

Annabeth nodded, "Let's go then."

I was about to pick her up, but she glared at me and grabbed my shoulder to keep herself steady.

"Not happening Seaweed Brain."

I rolled my eyes and put an arm around her waist.

Once she was sitting inside, lying about her injuries, I left. I had to reassure myself that she would be fine, though I was still slightly apprehensive when I walked out the door.

%%%%%%%%conditioner%%%%%%

I was sitting at the table with Mom, eating spaghetti. She kept asking me questions about school and friends and stuff, but I was hardly paying attention. No, my mind was on other things, specifically Annabeth.

I just couldn't comprehend how one being, could purposely hurt another being. I didn't get it when Gabe was around, and I still don't get it now. Why would someone want to hurt Annabeth? It just wasn't fair. Life isn't fair.

"Percy, earth, to Percy!"

"Huh? Sorry Mom, what?"

She shook her head softly, "Mind on other things?"

I nodded, and she smiled softly.

"That's ok, Perce," Mom said, "What's up?"

Think of a lie, think of a lie.

"Life?" Hmm, yeah. . . Not your best Perce, not your best.

Mom scrunched her nose, "Ok. . . Specially?"

What's something that'll get her to leave me alone, change the topic.

"Girl problems!" I blurted out. Buy it, buy it.

"Ok, it's clear you don't wanna talk about it so I'm gonna go now." She replied after staring at me for two minutes straight. 1 point Mom.

I grabbed my phone from off the table, and opened it to contacts.

"Yes?"

"Hi Annabeth, this is Percy."

"Percy, besides my dad, and Luke, you are the only other contact in my phone. I know it's you.

"Oh."

"Wassup?"

"I dunno, I just wanted to make sure you were good."

"I'm fine Perce, thank you."

"Ok, bye then."

"Bye Seaweed Brain."

"Wise Girl."

Ok, now I'm bored. Oh! Jason and Leo have no lives, I'll have them over!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$body wash$$$$$$$$$$$

"So why did you invite us over?" Jason questioned, once he and Leo had put there stuff down.

"Well," I replied, "I was bored, you have no lives."

Leo frowned, "And a sleepover was born."

"Pretty much." I agreed.

"So we have no lives, and you do?" Jason asked annoyed.

"Yeah," Leo added, "What if we were with our girlfriends? I'm surprised you aren't, oh wait, you don't have a girlfriend!"

I smirked, "Your girlfriends are probably having a sleepover or something, to get away from you. And I may not have a girlfriend, but at least I have my own life."

"Burn!" Leo shouted, before frowning in realization.

"How did you . . ." Jason trailed off, looking at a picture of something.

??????????Tangerines??????????

The boys and I were playing call of duty when I got a text. From Han Solo. I'm kidding. It was Annabeth. Duh. I Persassied you up.

Percy my dad is looking for me. He doesn't know where I am, but he'll find out soon enough. He's gonna come to you next, so be careful. They leave in the morning, whether they find me or not. Please be careful.

Annabeth C.

As soon as I finished reading the text, pounding was heard at the door. Mom went to get it before I could say anything. And that's when the person abusing Annabeth came into my home.

Why is it always me?