A Dangerous World

Sorry it's been a while! This goes out to EllaNixon16, for commenting/voting and ChildOfTheSea14 for voting and commenting. Also @tommythetrainengine for commenting. Thank you! :) I would tell you what happens to Percy, but I won't. Mwahaha!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Enjoy

Annabeth Pov

I was actually sorta having fun. I haven't been to a sleepover since the 1st grade. Right now we were talking about boys. Well, they were talking about boys. I was listening.

"So Annabeth, who do you have a crush on?" Calypso asked with a smirk.

I blinked hard. Really hard.

"Duh! It's obvious," Piper practically shouted, "She likes Percy, freaking, Jackson."

"Say it louder Pipes, I don't thing Greenland heard you." Hazel said, rolling her eyes, though a smile was present on her lips.

I was confused, "No I don't." Unfortunately, it came out more as a question than a statement.

"Oh, Honey," Piper said, "You got it bad. But the best part is, so does he!"

"Piper stop." I ordered, "I do not like Percy Jackson in anyway that is not simply a friendship."

Calypso sighed and shook her head, "Whatever fills your Hoover Dam, Annabeth."

"Hoover Dam?" Hazel asked, "What's with that?"

"Long story." Calypso muttered, "having to do with a very angry badger, a screwdriver, and a latino elf."

We all stared at her for a minute, before deciding to just ignore it and move on with our lives.

I glanced at the text on my phone again and frowned. I hope Percy is ok. It should take at least 4 hours before Dad finds his house.

Still slightly apprehensive, I walk towards the kitchen to grab a shrimp smoothie. Kidding. It was just an apple. I'm not weird.That much.

"Who's ready for a scary movie marathon?" Piper asked.

I shared a terrified look with Hazel before gulping down my fear and slowly edging towards the living room.

"Why don't we watch it in the screening room?" Calypso asked.

"Cuz I don't wanna remember that I live in a mansion, and am the daughter of Tristan Mc'Lean for one night, ok?" Piper replied with a frown.

"Whatever." Calypso shrugged as she sat down on the couch.

########🤡 It. The line break.########

I. Freaking. Hate. Horror. Movies. Freaking. Gah.

I am officially scarred for life. So, yeah. Not fun. Hazel has it worse than I do though. She passed out the second she saw that red balloon.

We were now all sprawled out in Piper's insanely large room, watching YouTube.

You're probably wondering, why am I not worried about my Dad?

Well, he'll leave tomorrow no matter what, he doesn't know where I am, and I warned Percy. So, I'm safe. For now. Probably. I think. I hope. Gah! I'm really starting to regret this! I hope Percy is ok. I bite my lip and turn back to my phone screen, which is playing - insert favorite youtube channel- and I roll my eyes at Piper as she stares at me intently. Her eyes bore into my soul, trying to figure out my deepest secrets.

I turned my head so hard I got whiplash. She doesn't need to know anything. At least, not yet. Shaking my head, I sat bolt right up when I head a crazy loud noise. My heart was in my throat. Oh, please no, please no! My whole body was shaking, and goosebumps were present on my arms and legs. Calypso raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Piper swallowed, and gestured for us to follow her. The loud bang was heard again, coming from the kitchen. The four of us crept down the spiraling staircase carefully, me limping, desperately trying not to make any noise. Calypso saw it first, and . . . Burst out laughing? Piper soon followed and I stepped forwards to see Piper's butler, sleepwalking.

He opened the fridge, grabbing some chocolate syrup, and dumped it all over himself. Then he took the bag of mini marshmallows and took a handful, dropping them all over the floor. After that, he grabbed a pillow and attempted to wipe them all up, but the pillow ripped so now he was covered in feathers. He grumbled something about orange elephants in Narnia, before trudging back towards his room.

I shook my head and laughed, about to go back up stairs when I thought about something. I hadn't had this much fun since 6th or 7th grade, and haven't had real friends since I was eight. It's so sad, that Mia was probably going through that too. I promised her, that when I was 18 I would get custody of her, but even then I wasn't sure if I could fulfill that promise. Now I know that I have too.

Flashback to two years ago

"No! Please you can't do this!" I screamed at my father, "I'll take care of her, or something, just don't get rid of my sister! Your Daughter!"

"She's not my daughter Annabeth! She's your mother's daughter, and your mother is dead!" He roared at me, slapping me across the face.

That wasn't the first time he's done that. A lot of times it was just verbal, but occasionally it was physical. I stared at my little sister, who was only 6. It wasn't fair. First Mom, now her. Malcom already got adopted a few years ago, and I'm probably never going to see him again. I swallowed hard, tears streaming down my face. I ran towards her, engulfing her into a tight hug.

"I promise," I muttered quietly, "When I'm a old enough I'll save you. It might take a while, but you gotta be patient. Don't let anyone adopt you like Malcom did, ok? I love you."

She nodded her head, wiping tears off her chin, "I love you. Bye, for now."

I nodded, and let go of her, as I raced into the house, slamming the door behind me. When Dad came in later, he was drunk. That. . . Hadn't been a good night.

Flashback over

I limped up the staircase, thinking about our cruel, cruel word. It may be dangerous, but I'm glad that I don't have to struggle through life alone. A few minutes later I got a text. From Percy.

The moment I read the word, I dropped the phone and let out a muffled scream. No. No. My breathing was heavy as I re read the text that said, . . . TBC.

Y'all probably mad at me now, but whatever. This was sort of a filler chapter, but the next two are gonna be long, and dramatic. Get ready. I might wait like 2 weeks, just to be evil. We'll see. We're at 2010 reads! That's kinda cool. K bye!