The Text

This chapter was co-written by @ArtemisLian-Crock-B07 Thank you so much! Everyone needs to go follow her cuz she's awesome!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Enjoy

Annabeths POV

The moment I read the word, I dropped the phone and let out a muffled scream. No. No. My breathing was heavy as I re read the text that said, . . . TBC.

"Crap!" I exclaimed. This was not good. So, so not good. My heart was in my throat.

"What is it?" Piper asked. Worry ran through her voice like a creek in the middle of a forest.

"I just... I need to help Percy with something. I'll be back in an hour or so, k?" I was silently praying that they wouldnt find my tone suspicious.

"Girl, are you ok?" Reyna questioned. Her eyebrow was raised.

"Yeah, yeah. Im fine." I forced a smile. I was good at that. I got a lot of practice under my belt, after all.

"Do you want us to come?" Rachel asked me. She clearly meant it. While I was flattered that they cared so much, they needed to stay away for now.

"Nah, Im good. I think I can handle it." Clearly, they somehow hadn't heard me scream.

"You seemed panicked for a second. Are you sure you're alright?" Calypsos voice was filled with concern.

I thought that it was from someone else. Im still a little freaked out from those horror movies, thats all.

"Ok, good," Piper said.

"I'll be back in an hour", I assured them. I hoped that I wasnt lying.

"If you aren't back in a hour and a half, were calling the police", Hazel informed me.

I smiled at her. "Thanks."

"No problem."

I slipped out of the room, hurrying down the stairs. I ran out the door, turning corners and running across streets until I reached the place my gut told me to go first.

Now, some people say that going with your gut is a bad thing. But I have amazing instincts, if I do say so myself. They're probably the reason that Im still alive, to be honest. So if my gut tells me to do something, I do it. Simple as that.

I glanced down at my phone, reading the text again. It was only five words. Five horrible words.

Jason, Me, Frederick, Kidnapped, help!

Suddenly I caught something I'd missed before. There was a voice message. I pressed play nervously, my clammy hands shaking uncontrollably. I listened to it with my eyes closed.

Annabeth I don't know where we are, but I'm starting to seriously freak out. Luke isn't here but someone named Kronos? I think, is.

Loud bangs were heard in the background, and I was scared. A gun went off and I jumped.

I-I-I want to tell you something in case. . . You know. I really-

"No!" I cried out desperately, a loud noise cut him off, so I couldn't hear the rest.

Walking for another three minutes, I slowed to a stop outside of the building. I took a deep breath before heading inside. I swallowed nervously as I stepped into the old abandoned workshop. It was originally a wood shop, but the owners switched locations. When I was little, my Mom would bring me here to work on little projects with her. We would play hide and seek sometimes too, which I now realize was horrible game to play in there.

I crept up slowly, knowing my heart beat would probably give me away. I slid up against the wall that led to the main room, where all of Tartarus was breaking lose. I peeked around the edge and saw Percy still alive, thank goodness, but also injured. It didn't look horrible, but he had a major gash on his forehead. He was fighting off someone who held a belt in his hand, a beer in the other. Jason was in a cell, watching hopelessly as his best friend was dodging the lashes.

I needed a plan, or a diversion at the least.

Closing my eyes,I though, letting my mind take over. Ok. I made a mental picture of the building, before starting the first phase of my plan. I pulled my hoodie off, and tied it across my face, so it covered everything but my eyes. (I had a t shirt on underneath it) I hope no would recognize me. A couple minutes later Jason was taken out of his cell, and I figured it was now or never.

First I needed the boys attention, and I desperately hoped they would catch on. I grabbed the nearest thing by me and chucked it at the cell. Two things. I missed, and the object was a brick. Jason was nailed in the head with the block, and passed out on the spot. At least I had there attention now? Oh well.

In the two seconds I was running across the room flailing my arms as if my life depended on it, I realized something. One, men are complete idiots, and two, I had the element of surprise on my side.

All of the men just stared at me, completely shell shocked as I flung Jason's limp body over my shoulder and dragged Percy along with my free hand. It wasn't until we were out the door, and at least two minutes ahead that they jumped into action. A mob literally ran after us, cursing me out. Percy also FINALLY caught on, and helped me with Jason. He followed me through twist and turns until we lost them. When we were safe and secure under an old ruined bridge, I let out the long breath I had been holding in. I tugged the hoodie off my face, and my blonde curls tumbled down.

"Oh thank goodness it's you!" Percy exclaimed, pulling me against him. I couldn't help the blush that rose to my cheeks, before I hesitantly pulled away.

"Who'd you think I was?" I asked him.

He scratched the back of his neck like he always does when he's nervous.

"I dunno," he admitted, "Wonder Woman? Or like "Angelica Skuylar."

I raised an eyebrow, "Who?" I asked, though I already knew. But nobody needed to know of my ridiculous obsessions. I couldn't believe he knew though. Who woulda thought Percy was a fan boy?

He shrugged before changing the subject, "What do we do with Jason?"

I hadn't thought of that, "Maybe we could-" I was cut off as Jason slowly sat up, rubbing his head.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You don't remember?" Percy asked.

He shook his head, "No."

I intervened before Percy could say anything, "We got jumped, remember?"

I glanced at Percy, silently begging him with my eyes.

"What about Leo and your Mom?" Jason pressed.

I got a look of panic in my eyes, they knew?!

"Mom had to go back to work, and Leo had a family emergency."

I looked into Percy's eyes, to see he was telling the truth.

(((((((((((((Time Skip To When They're Back))))))))

I pulled Percy aside the second I got a chance, "What happened with your Mom and Leo?"

"When your Dad came to the door, Mom got a call, and Leo's friend showed up a couple minutes later, before anything occured."

I nodded, that was a relief.

I did something next that both surprised myself and Percy.

I started crying into his shoulder, "I'm scared Percy, I don't wanna keep doing this!"

He looked me in the eyes, "About what I was tryna tell you in the voice message."

I nodded at him, not sure how this could help.

"Annabeth I-I- I . . . "

TBC