Helpless

Ok, so we got another Hamilton reference, but it just works really well, so . . . Yeah. Also, I know Annabeth's character seems a little ooc especially around Percy, but I mean she's naturally gonna be like that considering her current circumstances plus its an AU. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Enjoy

Annabeth's pov

"No!" I screamed!" My Dad was standing over my bloody sister, who was dead on the floor.

"You brat!" He screamed at me, stabbing my leg with the knife he used on Mia.

"Worthless!" Stab.

"Idiotic!" Stab.

"Useless!" Stab.

"You. Deserve. Nothing." Stab, stab, stab.

Then I saw Percy, and reached out to him, "Help!" I cried.

But Percy just sneered, "You worthless girl. Such a waste! I never loved you, never even liked you! You deserve to die!"

He stepped on me, "Wake up!"

Wait.

"Annabeth please! Wake up!"

I jolted upright, tears streaming down my face. I immediately buried my face into his bare shoulder. I didn't even think about the fact that he was shirtless, I just sobbed. And he held me, rubbing my back, whispering soothing words into my ear.

"No one can hurt you right now, Beth, no one's gonna even come near you. Just breathe, ok? Just breathe."

I did as he said, taking deep breaths in and out.

"Good. Like that, I got you Annabeth."

I closed my eyes, holding onto him as if my life depended on it. Percy rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand and kissed my head.

After a minute had passed I glanced up at him, "I-I I c-can't I-I d-don't wanna g-go back t-to sleep. P-please!" I begged him, desperate not to return to the nightmares that consumed my nights.

"Hey, hey, Annabeth look at me. It's ok. You don't have to go back to sleep right now."

I nodded, I dreaded feeling so, so helpless. It was like I was just putty in his arms. Like I only ever melted down in front of him.

He held me against him, and we ended up cuddling. My legs wrapped around his waist, and my head was on his bare chest. One of his hands was wrapped around my waist, the other on my lower leg.

Eventually my breathing became steadier, and I closed my eyes, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. I felt Percy pull the covers over us, and he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Annabeth." He murmured sweetly.

"Goodnight Perce." I muttered, already drifting off to a deep sleep.

%%%%When Life Gives You Lemons, Make A Cherry Pie, Life 'll Be All Like, Whaaaaa?%%%%

I woke up to shrieking. I thought my alarm was just messed up, so I thwacked it. Then I heard someone yelp, and the memories of last night came flooding back. I bolted upright, (What other way would you bolt?) to see Piper, Leo, Jason, Calypso, and a very confused Nico all staring at me. Percy was next to me, an arm still around my waist, rubbing his head. Oops.