Chapter 1

!Short prologue (kinda important to read, cause this story's an au)!

Once upon a time, in a kingdom known as Auradon, lived a young prince. He was one of the most kind and caring princes the kingdom ever had.

He cared about everyone, even the ones no one thought were actually worth caring for. One day, the month before his coronation, he made his first proclamation. He wanted to give the children of the villains his father had abandoned to the isle of the lost, an equal chance in Auradon.

And so he invited four villain kids to Auradon Prep. Mal, daughter of Maleficent; Jay, son of Jafar; Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil; and Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen.

Most people thought they would be just like their parents; evil, vicious and cruel. But Ben was convinced that even those who were raised to be villains had a good heart.

And he wasn't wrong about that. It came with some struggles, but they found their place in Auradon too.

After his coronation he decided that more kids had to come over, as the first four proved that they could live just like other Auradoniens in the kingdom, amongst the other citizens.

He didn't really know them well personally, but only heard good stories about them and that was proof enough for him.

It sounds like this was a happily ever after, but our story is only beginning now...

___________________________________________________________________________

3th POV

It was a rainy night the night our story begins. Ben was in his dorm, doing some paperwork, but couldn't concentrate anymore this late in the evening.

His dorm was on the ground floor of the campus and he had a door that immediately led to the big school garden.

He put down his pencil and decided he had done enough for today.

Audrey, his girlfriend, would always come by around this time for a little chit chat. But she was staying in her parents castle for a few days cause for a traditional festival that was held in her kingdom once every 4 years and tomorrow she was coming back again.

Ben and Audrey had been together since before they could even talk. Their parents wanted them to and they never really thought about breaking up.

When they were little kids they were like best friends; playing and having fun together. But when they got older they changed. Audrey became more and more one of those popular, selfish and arrogant bitches and Ben was more like the total opposite.

The past few years he started thinking about it and at some point realized he didn't actually love her. He never had. She changed a lot these past years. She used to be a really sweet kid but as she grew older she changed.

So, he didn't mind having the evening all to himself to just think about that, but he still felt a little alone.

Since he became king it he had been so busy all the time, but his dad told him that was because he was the new king and after a few months it would quiet down.

He sighed and stood up from his chair he had been sitting in for hours. When he flopped down on his bed and looked outside he saw someone sitting in the garden on a bench in the rain.

He raised his eyebrows and walked towards the door.

'Hey!' he called to the person. 'What are you doing outside in the rain?!'

He was almost yelling to just be heard over the loud noise of the rain pouring down onto the ground and the occasional thunders.

'Just thinking!' the person yelled back.