Chapter 5

3th POV

'Mal?' Ben called from the other side of the door after knocking on the door. 'Are you ready?'

Mal quickly got her bag and coat and rushed to the door.

When she opened the door she saw Ben standing in front of her, appearing to be rather excited.

'Shall we?' he asked her.

'Ben, before we go,' Mal started. 'I know you're really glad that you can go with me today, but I hope you know that this is a one time thing.'

'I know, Mal. It's for the best not to get involved too much,' he said understanding.

Mal smiled. Ben took her hand and together they walked to the limo that took them to the hospital.

'Miss Moors,' a nurse called.

Mal and Ben stood up and followed her to the room.

Not much later doctor Lynch walked in.

'Hello, Mal,' she said while sitting down. 'How are you?'

'Good, actually,' she said. 'The vomiting is getting less and the cramps aren't as bad as before either.'

'That's very good,' she said smiling. 'And I see you brought someone else today.'

She looked at Ben, who stood up to introduce himself.

'Nice to meet you,' he said politely. 'I'm Ben, a friend of Mal's.'

'I'm doctor Lynch and the pleasure is all mine, your Highness,' she said.

'Please, just call me Ben,' he said smiling kindly.

'Sure, Ben it is,' she said. 'Well, let's have a look, shall we.'

Ben looked carefully at what was happening. When the doctor pointed at the little baby on the screen, he looked at it in an awe while letting out a little gasp.

He couldn't believe that was his child. A lot of emotions were rushing through his body.

He felt happy to finally see it, but at the same time so sad and guilty as he knew that although it was also his child he wasn't gonna be an actual father.

'Okay, the baby is healthy and is laying in the right position,' doctor Lynch said after all checkups. 'So, everything looks totally fine. And I think we can even see what the gender is.'

Ben looked at Mal with a face that said "I really really really wanna know".

'So, do you wanna know, or you want it to be a surprise?' she asked.

Mal thought for a second. She was a very impatient person and didn't actually like surprises, so it wasn't really a difficult decision.

'Yeah, I wanna know,' she said.

Ben, who was getting a little too excited, looked eagerly at the doctor.

'You sure?' she asked.

'A hundred percent,' Mal said.

____________________________________________________________________________

After the doctor's appointment Ben took Mal to a cute little restaurant for some late lunch. They had a good time as two friends hanging out together.

After that Ben dropped Mal off at her dorm and went back to his office.

'Ben, is it true what I'm hearing?' Audrey angrily asked Ben when he walked into his office.

'Hello to you too, Audrey,' he said, walking further to his desk.

'Whatever,' she said. 'Just answer my damn question.'