Chapter 16

I know it took me incredibly long to update and I'm so so sorry for that. I thank you so much for still sticking around though! The past two months have just been kinda hard (physically, but also mentally) but I still tried to be a bit active on here. Right now it's going a lot better and I'm gonna try updating regularly again :D. Thank you so much for your love and support and enjoy this new chapter! <3

____________________________________________________________________________

3th POV

Mal was looking at a picture of her and Ben. She loved those memories of him, they were good, well, mostly. There was some part of her that wanted that back, all along. But the other part of her remembered how it ended between them and wasn't gonna let that happen again.

'Hey, sis, can we talk?' Jay asked, walking into her hospital room.

'Uhm, sure,' Mal said, putting away the picture.

He sat down on a chair next to her bed. 'So, Evie told me about your conversation with Ben last night...'

'And?' Mal asked him.

'I just don't think it's really a good idea to go down that road again, Mal,' he told her.

'What do you mean "again"?' she asked him. 'I'm just going to that wedding, it's not like I'm the one who's getting married.'

'That's not what I meant,' Jay said. 'You know just as well as me that Ben's not inviting you there to see him get married to another girl.'

Mal nodded slightly.

'He's planning something, probably to win you back,' he said, as if she didn't know already.

'So? Isn't that a good thing? He said he'd give up being king for me, Jay... doesn't that say anything about his intentions?' she asked him.

'Maybe so, but didn't we already point out that he's just good with words, not with deeds?' he pointed out. 'He can say so many things, but you shouldn't believe it till he actually makes them true.'

'Yeah okay...' she said. 'I just think that if I don't even go to that wedding and- and see what he's planning on doing... I'm never gonna find out if he makes his words true.'

'I know, and it all sounds fair, it's just that- I don't want to see you get hurt again...' Jay said, looking her in the eyes.

'And I won't, trust me,' Mal assured him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

Jay smiled at her and bent over the bed to hug her. 'Alright then, but if he does anything to you again, just tell me and I'll beat his ass.'

'Ah, thanks, Jay,' Mal said chuckling.

____________________________________________________________________________

'E, I told you, I can walk by myself,' Mal told Evie, who was holding onto her while walking out of the hospital.

'Are you sure?' she asked.

'Yes, I'm sure,' Mal told her.

Evie reluctantly let go of her. 'So uhm, the wedding invitation came in the mail this morning.'

'Oh really?' Mal asked.

'Yeah, they weren't planning on sending us one because they invited us in person, but we still got one anyway. A bit late... but y'know, better now than never,' Evie said. 'But uh, you can bring a guest, if you want.'

'Oh, well, I don't think that's really necessary,' Mal said.

'Aren't you bringing Gianna?' Evie asked her.