Chapter 18

Thank you all for still sticking around when I'm taking so long to update, your support means a lot to me! <3 I hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

3th POV

'Yeah, yeah, it's alright, E,' Mal said, over the phone. 'Uh-huh, see you in a bit.'

Then Mal hung up. 'What's up?' Ben asked.

'Oh, well, Evie was just a bit worried as always,' Mal said.

'About what?' he asked.

'Where I was,' Mal said. 'I don't know if you noticed but it's 1 am already.'

'No way, that's not-' he began, but then Mal showed him the time.

'Oh, Jeez, we better get back,' Ben said. 'If Fairy Godmother finds out we're not in our dorms, we'll have a big problem.'

They stood up from the swing and walked hand in hand back to the castle. Gianna was asleep in Mal's arm and hadn't even woken up after Mal had put out her pacifier.

'We'll walk through the kitchen again so my dad won't see or hear us, okay,' Ben said.

Mal nodded and together they walked to the kitchen, which was now dark and totally silent, just like the rest of the castle.

'Going home without saying goodbye, are we?' Beast suddenly said from behind them.

Ben and Mal froze, not expecting to hear someone. They slowly turned around.

'Hi, dad...' Ben said nervously.

Mal stood next to him, holding Gianna close to her, and smiled nervously.

'Did you really think I wouldn't notice someone being in my own castle?' he asked them.

They didn't respond.

Beast chuckled. 'So naive...'

Mal looked a bit scared at Ben while Beast walked closer to the couple. Ben instinctively pulled Mal behind him.

'Look, son, this- is not happening,' Beast told him. 'I don't even care whatever this-... is that you've going on. She is a villain and I don't want you to have anything to do with her.'

Ben felt anger rise through his body. 'She is not- a villain! I love her, okay. And I don't even care what you or anyone else thinks, I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her because that's what I truly want.'

'Oh cut it out already,' Beast said annoyed. 'Next thing you're gonna say is that that's your child.'

Ben raised his eyebrows. 'You're kidding now, right?'

'She's clearly just manipulating you, int-' he began, but Ben was really done with that bs at that point.

'That is my daughter, okay! Your granddaughter! How can you- I-' he exclaimed, but then closed his eyes and counted to ten. 'No, you know what? Screw this. I'm not even gonna have this discussion.'

He then took Mal's hand and turned around, wanting to just walk out.

'I don't think so, son,' Beast said. 'Guards!' he yelled, whereafter a couple guards ran into the room. 'Get them.'

Ben didn't hesitate and made a run for it, dragging Mal with him. They ran to the staff entrance and hurried outside, followed by the guards.

The limo was waiting for them in front of the main entrance and just when they were by the limo, one of the guards grabbed Mal by her wrist.

She tried to pull herself out of his grip. 'Let me go!' she yelled at him, while the guard pulled her away from Ben.

'Get your hands off of her!' Ben told the guard, while another guard held Ben.