06 : DEEPER

"baby i'm falling,
all over again"

- henry

(DEEPER)

"hyung, what happened to you?" i look at taehyung who is sipping his soup that i made.

after that incident last night, i stayed with him. for almost eleven years, i have never felt the need to be in someone else's warmth until now.

"been alone for years, but i cope up with it." i shrug. "i've been alone for years too, ever since mom died," his voice becomes small, almost like a whisper.

"how did you survive?" taehyung asks as his big eyes stare back at my bored ones. i don't really like these kind of questions, because how will i answer them?

our mom killed herself behind those bars. the money that she left where divided into two, half of it was mine, half of it was for taehyung. i was used to being alone cause mom would always leave me to meet her real son. i never hated her for such wrong doings, that i am her mistake, because she never treated me like one in the first place.

she's always sweet and happy. like the world isn't throwing problems at her. she's too optimistic.

i wish i could be like her.

happy.

"mom gave me some money before she died." i answered. "ow..." taehyung shifted on his seat,

"this is awkward. mommy told me so much things about you, i know that you're her legal child because your father is married to her." i stand up, grabbing a cup and the pitcher, pouring some cold water in it. "it's not awkward." taehyung starts and i drink some water.

"i'm actually happy that you're here, i am not alone. i-i will never be alone." i settle the cup down, shakily.

i look into his eyes as he stares back.

"taehyung i--" i pause, taking a deep breath

"i'll leave soon."

"w-why? where will you go?" his deep brown eyes are wide, full of curiousity and most importantly, sadness.

i didn't answer, i should keep my mouth shut.

that way no one will know why.

"hyung." he stands up, walking closer to me.

"don't leave me."

my eyes falter, suddenly my brain distorts. its function shuts down in an instant.

i hate it when a person begs. but seeing my brother almost crying, my heart hurts.

i yearn to not leave too, taehyung. but it's destined.

"i won't." i tried to smile.

"promise?" taehyung pouts, raising his arms, extending his hands, showing me a pinky promise.

i ruffle his hair because of his childish act, ignoring the pinky promise.