Chapter 22

William

He watches as she serves food to him and Mom. He doesn't know why but she seems different, a bit distant. The last time his mom was here , Amelia had slapped her so hard that she saw stars and had left as soon as she was conscious.

He still can't decipher why she is here after what Amelia did . Susan glares at Amelia as she serves her rice. She snatches the bowl and starts serving herself. Amelia doesn't mind though. She simply wipes her hand and goes back to her room.

" Why isn't she having dinner with us?" Susan asks as Amelia leaves

He can just shrug. He cannot tell her that she has been starving herself in these past few days. He only started noticing when Susan pointed out how thin Amelia was. He doesn't remember seeing Amelia having food at all. She used to eat atleast one meal a day when she was out of the hospital but after he had punished her , she simply stopped eating. She did everything to avoid him.

" Why didn't you tell us that she had a miscarriage?"

"I just didn't think it was that important. "

"How did it happen?" She asks

" Can you please drop it ! Did you come all the way here to ask me this?"

" I wanted to tell you something and I will when I have the guts to do so but I deserve to know what goes on in my sons life ."

" Everything is fine !"

" I always loved you more than your siblings. I don't know why but there was something different about you . You were always quiet but too smart for your age . "

" Why are you saying all of this now?"

" I just want to make sure that you're still a good person. I don't know how she had her miscarriage but it happened right after she hit me and if I find out that you did something to her , I will never forgive you "

" I thought you hated her"

" Hate is a big word. I never hated but just disliked her. You should call her out to eat food with us. Why is she staying in that dark basement anyway"

" She said she liked it there"

I shout Amelia name and she comes out in a few minutes.

" Come, have dinner with us " I say but she shakes her head

" I'm not asking, I'm telling you"

She shakes her head again. I clench my fist under the table and give her a nod. She goes back and I try to control my anger in front of mom. She never fucking learns.

When we are done , Amelia cleans everything and Mom goes to her room to sleep. When I hear the click of her door , I grasp Amelia's arm and make her sit on the dining table.

" When I tell you to have dinner with us , you will!"

She says nothing and stares at me. I bring a plate of rice and curry . Pinching her face , I start feeding her forcefully. I grab a fistfull of rice and shove it in her mouth. She shakes her head and tries to push me away.

So there's still a fight in her , I think .

Tears leak from her eyes . I want to stop but when I think about how she disobeyed me in front of susan , I can't.

" I'm sorry " she whispers and I stop.

I let her go and go back to my bedroom. I don't know where the sudden anger is coming from. I remember what mom said about the basement so I go to her room where I find her fast asleep in a corner.

" Get your stuff and come to my room " I tell her

She gets up , rubs her eyes and looks at me questioningly.

" You're going to stay in my room " I say

She quickly obeys and takes her stuff to my room. She only has a few gowns and toiletries.

" This is all your things?" I ask

She nods and follows me to my room. Staying in the same room with her feels weird. All her old things are still here and I know she must be glad to move back here from the basement.

I get on the bed and pull the blanket over my head. When I don't feel her getting on the bed , I look around and see that she is asleep on the floor.

" Amelia? Get on the bed !"

She looks at me with wide eyes , when I raise my eyes threateningly , she quickly climbs on the bed. We both sleep with our backs to each other. We are so close that I can hear her breathing.

" This is temporary so don't get too excited about staying here" I tell her

"I would rather stay in the basement " she whispers but I hear it clearly

" I'm going to let this slide but if you ever speak to me like that again , I will cut your fucking tongue"

" You should just kill me then. It's better than living with you"

I don't say anything.

...

When I wake up , my blanket is gone . Amelia sleeps with my blanket nicely wrapped around her. I sigh in annoyance and get up. I shiver as the cold hits me .

I shake her awake and tell her to get ready and make breakfast. She slides the blanket off her and I see the shape of her breasts through her gown. Her nipples are hard and I suddenly get a flash from the past.

She moans as I suck her nipple through her gown. She arcs her back and her toes curl as I bite. She moans as I place kisses on her stomach and go lower.

" Will" she says and my arms tightens around her legs.

I shake my head to get rid of the image. I watch as Amelia gathers her clothes and starts stepping out of the room.

" Where are you going?"

" To take a bath" she says

" Well! The bathroom is right there " I point and she hesitantly goes inside.