chapter 26

William

I go back to my room , the bathroom is locked so I huff in annoyance and loudly call out to Amelia but I hear no answer. I wait for a few minutes and knock again but still no answer. I bring my spare keys and finally open the door ready to slap the shit out of Amelia . But when I see her , I freeze. My body shakes as I go towards her and find her in the bathtub. The water is red . There is a blade lying in the tub and her arms, legs , stomach is bleeding. I pick her up and run in my room. Her face is pale and there's a small smile on her face .

I call the family doctor and tell her to come asap. I start wrapping her wounds up so that she doesn't bleed much. Hearing me shout brings mom up and she gasps as she sees Amelia.

" Wh..what happened?" She stammers

I don't bother answering. It's fucking obvious what happened. She had made so many cuts in her thighs that no matter how much I wrap it , they keep bleeding.

When the doctor arrives , she ushers me outside and tells us to wait. It takes her a while to come out and when she does her face doesn't reveal anything.

" Her condition is really bad , she won't stop bleeding . I have stitched her up but someone should keep an eye on her. When she wakes up, there's a possibility that she will try to tear those stitches. Make sure she is well rested. "

" When will she wake up?" I ask

" I'm not sure, it might takes days or even weeks. Seeing her condition , I don't think she'll wake up anytime soon "
I nod and the look she gives me is nothing but a glare. I give her some extra cash so she doesn't say this to anyone. "

When she leaves , mom bombards me with questions . Her face is wet with tears.

" Why do you care about her all of a sudden?" I ask suddenly

" Wh..what?"

" You hated her ! Amelia would try to do so many things so that you could like her but you were always so cold to her ! What has changed now?"

" I'm sorry ! I'm so sorry William" she sobs

" Sorry for what?"

" I lied ! Amelia didn't drown Posie ! She told me to keep an eye on her and..and I got a call so I just went in the other room when ..when she drowned. I swear I didn't mean it to happen . I just looked away for a minute and ..and she was gone."

"You..you are lying " I say

" I'm not. I'm sorry William , I'm so sorry . I didn't know you would take this so far . I was scared and I didn't know what to do . I didn't want you to blame me "

" So you told me that she killed her . What were you expecting me to do? What if I had given her to the cops. "

" I'm sorry .."

" Get out ! Get the fuck out of my house " I scream.

She gives me a last look and leaves. I don't know how I feel. I was punishing her . I almost killed her . I cry as it crashes on me. The things I did to her , the way I treated her. She had begged me so many times but I never believed her. I was so fucked up that I wanted to remove all my anger on her. We could have delt with this together. I could have held her as she cried for Posie and she would have done the same.

She lost the second baby as well and it was all my fault. I punch the wall once , twice until my knuckles are bleeding. I open the door to my bedroom and watch her from afar . Her face pale and covered in bandages.

I sit beside her and cry " I'm sorry , I'm so sorry Amelia . She told me what happened. I'll buy a house near the beach and watch the sunset everyday. When you wake up we'll go for a walk and I'll buy you your favourite ice cream. I'll make up for everything , I promise"

I sit there for hours waiting for her to wake up . Waiting for her hand to twitch but nothing. At last , I get out and go for a walk. I had checked some houses near the beach. Amelia always used to tell me that she wanted to live near the beach and go for a walk everyday and soak in the sun.

I had wishlisted some best ones and once she wakes up I'll them to her and tell her to select one. I'll even let her decorate the house . I bring some get well soon cards and write my cousins name on it. I also buy some teddy bears and keep them beside her.

Days go by and she still doesn't wake up. I give her all the medicine on time , bath her , apply ointment and do everything I can .

Whenever I look at her , it brings me this gut wrenching pain for what I did to her but I shove it down and think of the future. I remember the couple and the twins and think that maybe that can come true for us. One day we might have our children and maybe we'll be happy.

I think of the future that is to come. That when finally she wakes up , our lives will change. I'll make sure that I don't ruin anything. I'll give her whatever she wants . I'll always be there for her.

...

A few chapters to go guys! Please comment what you think is going to happen . And let me know if you enjoyed reading this book. I'm so happy for all the love I'm receiving and so happy that you guys are loving this book. It means a lot to me.