The welcome

Elle pov

I was standing at the alter, staring at my future husband's shoes when I replied to the priests' question by

"I do"

Through the veil, I could see his beautiful face stoned with his usual cold expression as he repeats the words.

"I do"

"I announce you, husband and wife, now you may kiss the bride"

I was expecting this as everyone clapped with enthusiasm.

He took one step forward and my heart started throbbing in my chest.

Oh, God! It will be my first kiss. I don't want him to ruin it......please......

I waited but nothing happened.

I slowly managed to look up at him to see his eyes staring at something behind me and his fists clenching in anger.

Oh, I forgot how much he despises my face let alone my touch.
He hated being forced to do it.

I expected him to turn around and leave me here, to face the embarrassment but he had some other intentions.

He places his palms on my cheeks, his ice-cold fingers touch my burning face and a shiver runs down my spine.

His face started moving closer to me and the sound of applause rang in my ears.

I started biting my lip in anxiety and his cold gaze landed on them.
Creases appear on his forehead and the stone-cold expression got colder if possible.

I stilled seeing his expression and my hands started shaking.

Oh, God!
Just please get this over with!

His breath lingered on my ear and my hands landed on his chest to get support.
The hardness of his toned chest worsened my situation and I could feel my cheeks on fire.

His subtle beard sent a tingling sensation through me and I held my breath as he spoke.

"Stop shaking like a desperate wh*** it is just a kiss, not like you haven't kissed before"

I haven't dammit!

But I just couldn't tell him this.

His words were so raw and rough that they made my legs shake with anticipation.

Surrendering.
I closed my eyes ready to lose my first kiss when he did something completely unexpected.

A sudden warmness spreads along my cheek, just near my lips and then it was gone as fast as it came.

Clappings were heard and I looked stupefied at him.
He looked at the crowd thanking everyone.

That's all?

This simple act of his made me involuntarily attracted towards him.
I mean he had a chance of kissing me but he respected my fears and he didn't kiss me.

I found my first belief of him being of loose character shattered then and there.

Even if he was a Casanova, still his morals were not loose.

But what if he did it because he was repulsive of my touch?
The idea of kissing someone like me, disgusting him?

Trying to ignore the negative thoughts, I give the guests a fake smile and proceed with the celebrations.

Wedding celebrations progressed and now it was time for our dance.
To everyone's surprise, my dear husband was busy on a phone call ignoring the repeated announcements calling for his name.