Line of hate

You mistook me to be a moth when I was a firefly.

A moth flies around light it's entire life to only get burned in return.
Whereas a firefly flies in darkness lightning up its entire dark world.

For your light was suicidal for my survival and I had to light that burning spark inside me for my thrival.
..................................................................

Fear

The first time she experienced it was when she tried standing up on her feet on wobbling legs as a toddler.
The fear of falling something experienced by all.

The result, well she did fell down, bruised her knee a bit and cried a few innocent tears.
But in the end what happened?
Did she never stand up?

Well of course she didn't, she not only stood up but ran and jogged and danced and what not.

This was the first fear she overcame after multiple failures.

Just like everyone of us.

The first strike of thunder enlightened the sky and she stood outside ,gazing at the dark clouds lining the sky.

Today she was ready to face her biggest fear.

Repercussions, well she can faint at most but surely she knew she will not die.
And today, when she was alone with no hand to hold onto her, could only rely on herself, holding onto her own arm in anticipation.

As the first raindrop landed on her forehead a sudden force entrapped her heart in a deadly grip.
If felt like something was caging her and she knew better what it was.

Her own fear.

Her own self.

Talking a huge breath of air his words ringed in her mind.

"No one can enter here, only you can"

He was right, after all, these are all her demons which only she herself can destroy.

As another strike of lighting stuck the sky she hugged her shaking frame, taking in huge breaths of air.

Standing on top of her balcony with darkness surrounding her and thunder echoing around was not a wise situation for an astraphobic like her.
But where did wise decision ever got her?

Here? Alone, as the ex-wife of a billionaire with an innocent 4 months child in her womb.

Her hand moved onto her stomach to soothe onto it by rubbing circles with her fingers.

"Don't worry my little angel, mama is here to protect you"

Another thunder and her hand moved onto the railing for support.
Her knuckles have turned white with a strong grip.

Her insides were screaming at her to go inside and hide inside a cabin-like she usually did.
But then her broken self wanted her to emerge as a symbol of strength, even in solidarity.

Her struggles were interrupted when her eyes stop on the silhouette of a person standing behind her rooms window frame.

She was alone at home so who could be there?

And to her surprise the silhouette refused to move, it stood still.
It was like she could feel the persons intense gaze on her.

Long forgotten the raindrops falling on her, she took slow steps towards her window frame calling for Jake.

"Jake? You in there? See I am sor-"

Her words got lost as suddenly the lights went out and it was then that she realized that something was not right.