The war of fury

"It didn't hurt anymore when you called me ugly, but it did hurts when you call her beautiful"
-Elle

"Your words don't matter to me neither do your accusations, the only thing that mattered was the wall of insecurities that you were building to shield yourself from me"
-Ashton

Her pillow was wet and her
eyes swollen with brimming tears.
Gone was the carefree girl getting replaced with an insecure one.

Her mind kept replaying the scene of him laughingly on the other girl's joke.
The way his eyes were lively in place of livid.
The way his beautiful lips were stretched to show his perfect teeth.

He looked so beautiful that her insecurities kicked in.
He was the most beautiful man according to her and even if she tried finding a flaw in him, she knew she will fail miserably.

The girl Lorena was without a doubt equally beautiful.
Her blonde hair looked like silk and those blue eyes were mesmerising.

Where did she stand in between those two god-like creatures?
She thought and another wave of sadness hit her.

It's been an hour already but her crying was not coming to stop.
The mind of hers was putting questions which she failed to answer.

When suddenly the door of her room opened and she decided to silence her cries.

He stood there staring at her curled into a small ball at the corner of the bed.
He wanted to talk some sense into her but his plan dissolved the second he saw her.

Deciding to freshen up he went straight to the bathroom in need of a cold shower.

He returned to see her still lying in the same posture.
Her back turned towards him and her legs hugging a pillow-like her life was dependent on it.

Moving towards his side he laid down next to her to stare at her back.

The lights were off and only the moonlight from the window was illuminating the room.

Hours passed but sleep was nowhere in his eyes.
With hands placed under his head, he was staring at the ceiling.

The hurt on her face when she saw them at the restaurant was pinching his heart because of an unknown reason.
He knows it was wrong on his part to leave her alone when they were on their honeymoon but again he only meant business with Lorena.

He had no intention of seeing Lorena after the meeting.
It was just an on the spot plan he had not predicted.

But the way Elle made a scene at the restaurant was embarrassing for him.
Her jumping at a conclusion without even asking him first made him angry towards her.
It was a childish act which a lady of her standing should never do.

He was adamant to teach her the etiquettes she is missing.
Taming her is not easy but it is a must.

Even if he sounds rude or disrespectful still he stands with what is right.

And he will teach this to her the easy way or if required the hard way.

His thought was interrupted when he saw her silhouette sitting up on her side ready to get up.

Before she could his hand has stopped her by holding her wrist.

She winced at his touch on her wrist and he noticed this.
His earlier action of dragging her into the bathroom of the restaurant resurfaced and he feared he may have hurt her back then.

"Where are you going?"

His question was answered with silence as she struggled to release her wrist.

His grip moved up from her wrist to her forearm as she struggled.