Imperfection

Elle pov

They say beauty is what lies inside but why does this world always make me feel the opposite.
I mean I don't mind not getting attention from any guy out there, but I do mind being called ugly again and again.

Ugly duckling is what he calls me and every time he uses this world something hits my insides.

I mean don't husbands usually call their wives darling ,baby cupcake ,sweetheart or other sugarcoated appealing words like that?

"Ma'am, are you listening?"

The maid said moving her hand in front of my eyes to get my attention.

"Oh sorry May.....what were you saying?"

"Ma'am Sir said that today you are to get ready by 7 ,an after marriage party is being organised ..."

"Okay, thanks May,I will be ready."

"Do you need any help getting ready? If you want I call for our specialist team ?"

"I will manage on my own May ,thanks though."

"You are most welcome Madame,let me know if you need something."

She was gone giving me a smile which I returned.

Ignoring my burning body and throbbing head.
I lay down on the bed staring at the ceiling wondering when this party will get over and I can return to my bed.

A few hours later.....

"Just a second May! I will be there!"

I screamed from inside the bathroom as I gave my makeup it's final touches.

I was wearing a red dress with quarter sleeves,the stuff was body-hugging and I, for the first time felt beautiful wearing it .

My hair were tied in a high bun with my flick laying lightly on my face.
I didn't feel like using a blush as my cheeks were already a bit pinkish ,burning with fever.

With one final look, I opened my door to be met with a cold look from my husband.

He was looking perfect in a black tuxedo and for a second I forgot that I was blankly gawking at him.

"This will not do."

He simply says,a looks of distaste covering his perfect features.

"Huh?"

I ask ,not sure if I heard him right.

He shook his head in a no and looks displeasingly at me.
His words broke me for the first time...I mean I thought I looked beautiful for the first time in my life.

Why will he say something like this?

He moved closer to me and I couldn't manage to look into his eyes anymore.
The eyes which displayed how much he hated me.

I felt his fingers run through my hair to stop on my hair clutch , and next I know I felt a tug and my long hair flowed down my back covering the deep back neck of my dress fully.

I looked up surprised at him to only find his eyes fixed on my lips.

Handing me a napkin he speaks in coldness.

"Dab it on your lips,the lipstick is too dark."

I follow his instructions and all this time his eyes didn't leave my lips.

Making me even more self conscious.

Next, his fingers move up to play with my fringe.
Rotating it in his fingers.