drifting apart

"A little bit of space was all I needed to forget your fragrance and ignore your calls if only I knew it was impossible to forget someone that has already made a space in your heart"

2 months later

He was sitting at his table engrossed in a pile of law books.
His eyes moving frantically from one to another in search of a clause which could prove him victorious in the present case against the attorney.

A fine of 1 million was imposed over his company for something his company didn't ever do.
His product quality was not for question as he always made the best.

He was determined to get back his money and that also with interest.

He didn't need an advocate, he himself was ready to present this case.

His honeymoon got interrupted in between when he got a call of his associates telling him of proponent of the date of the case presentation.

He had to leave state and rush here as soon as possible.
Lorena has insisted on coming along and he had left his wife alone back home.

Lorena was a very well reputed businesswoman and she knew the defendant party well.
She agreed to help him out even after his repeated requested of not bothering her with his worries.

"You should go to sleep Ash... it's late"

He refused to acknowledge her still engrossed in his work.

"Ash?"
She said placing the cup of coffee on the table and placing her manicured fingers on his broad shoulder.

"Huh...? Sorry, Lori...what were you saying?"

"We will win the case Ash, don't be stressed. There is no evidence against your company...you will be fine"

He sighed and sat back with the cup of coffee in his hands.

"You have always been so hardworking even if you got everything from your dad, you try every day to make yourself worth it, don't you?"

He looked into her concerned eyes and smiled.

"Who else can relate to this as much as you can? "

She nodded and moved forward to give him a hug.

Her addicting fragrance engulfed him as she tightly held him in her embrace.
His hand gently placed on the naked back of her backless top.

If this was any other girl he would have pushed her back till now.

But she was not just any girl.

He had spent 14 years of his life with this girl.
The girl who supported him whenever he needed her.

The same girl who was envied by the whole world.

The girl who he had rejected countless times but who still stuck to his side no matter what.

Their hug was interrupted when his phone rang.
Both their eyes landed on the caller and Lori moved back from him.

His face hardened as he placed the call on silent.
He gritted his teeth in anger on seeing Elle calling him.

"What does she want from me now?"
He wondered with fury in his eyes.

It's been 2 months already since he talked to her.

The news of her enjoying in his absence was not hidden.

It has been the cover page news of the daily newspapers.
He remembers calling her senselessly to get the answers but she never picked his calls.