Chapter 11: Don't Go Taylor Swift

Chapter 11
Noah Gerald Sky
Don't Go Taylor Swift

It was Mike.

Cheslie was cheating on me with Mike. When I was at that school that day, the rest was so boring I couldn't stand anymore, so I got off. I assumed this 'M' would meet Chelsie after school because she was with school until the last bell rang.

My heart pounded hard against my ribcage. In any minute, it felt like my ribcages would be shattered because of my heart beating erratically as I went to the Starbucks.

The place was packed, full of people who were coffee-freaks. They were chattering, talking. The shop was filled with the aromas of coffees, and it made my stomach grumble. I looked at my wrist watch and it was already 4:14pm. I kept looking at my left and right. But I had no idea who I was looking for. God. I was an idiot. Walking here without any idea of who 'M' was.

The bell caught my attention and a middle aged man walked in. He was wearing a white polo that was tucked in his charcoal pants. Clearly, he couldn't be 'M'. That man screamed 'old'. If he were 'M', I would just laugh and laugh harder at Chelsie because I couldn't picture Chelsie together with an older man.

As I waited, getting impatient, I ordered a coffee and checked my wristwatch. It was now 4:46pm. What was I doing here? I had no idea who 'M' was. After I downed my coffee, I decided that I would just get Chelsie's phone and text him to meet somewhere less crowded. But as I walked out of Starbucks, I noticed a person. He has a black hair, well built, and clearly he has a deep voice. I know this person. He was my best friend, Mike. 'M' was now forgotten. But as I was about to shock him, he groaned. He was talking on the phone.

"I've been waiting here!" Mike yelled, getting pissed. He was angry. "I wanted to hold you since in school."

Woah? Mike has someone? I nearly wolf-whistled at that but I frowned. Mike has a girlfriend?

"Chels, I texted you!" He said, releasing a exasperated sigh. Chels? He couldn't be talking about Chelsie? My eyes widen in shock. 'M' was short for Mike. Chelsie was cheating on me with Mike; my best friend. "Yeah, I'll meet you tonight. Don't cancel that. You owe me! Now come here. Right now." He growled before he ended the call and put his phone in his right pocket.

"You better cancel that," I said menacingly. Mike turned around and let out a gasped as soon as he saw me standing there. I was seeing red. All these days, they were fucking behind my back. They were going along behind my back? As much as I didn't want to admit that this wasn't real, reality just kept slapping me on my cheek real hard. Mike was my best friend, for fuck's sake! How could he do this to me? Couldn't he understand the motto 'bros before hoes'? Couldn't he understand that Chelsie was off-limits? Couldn't he understand that Chelsie was my fucking girlfriend and I loved her to death?

"Man, what are you doing here?" He said, his eyes were still wide. He was looking at me like he was seeing ghost in front of him.

"I can't believe this Mike," I growled.

"Noah, I...uh, this.." He tried to reason himself, to get away out of this mess Chelsie and him made. I punched him straight in the face. The pain in my chest was overwhelming I couldn't hold my tears. I couldn't believe I was crying. "What the -"

"The pain you're feeling is nothing compared to what I'm feeling!" I shouted at him, pointing a finger at him. He bowed his head down, feeling ashamed. "Mike, I trusted you. You're my best friend. How could you do this to me?"

"I'm sorry, man."

"Sorry? Sorry for stabbing me in my back? Sorry for getting behind my back?" I said as my fist collided on his jaw. He gasped. The people were staring at us. Judging from their expressions, they weren't pleased. They were shaling their heads at us, muttering. Probably about the kids nowadays being a bitch. "Man, why? I trusted you. We're pratically brothers. But why did you do this to me?"