Chapter 28: Falling Down

A/N: On the side bar is Giovanni Bonamy, as Noah Gerald Sky.

**********

Chapter 28

Noah Gerald Sky

Falling Down

I'm kind of glad Mike put another foot so my lie would be supported. I can't believe I said that. I wasn't thinking right. Panic took over me. It made me numb and confused and my mind was completely blank. It wasn't working right. It malfunctioned. Lying was my best defense, wasn't it?

Lying was my best defense. I took the barrier to protect Gloss and put it around me, and Gloss was the one who took the most impact.

When Gloss ran off, it made my heart clench, pain was surrounding me - it still is, but my feet were stuck on the ground, and it never moved, until someone pushed me softly and I nearly stumbled. It was Karl.

The cafeteria was in a silence, and nobody dared to speak. Nerie and Chelsie just turned on their heels and walked away like nothing has happened. The jocks, together with me, went to the rooftop of the new building, and we talked, let their voices speak.

Mike and John argued, and then the other jocks started to join them. They were arguing about the dare. John said Mike should have kept his mouth shut, that it just made the situation worst. But it wasn't true. I made the situation worst. It was only a smoke, then it puffed, turned into a fire. Then out of nowhere, I just cried, because the pain was overwhelming. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest mercilessly. The jocks stopped arguing, and they all comforted me with all their bests they could. They weren't good at it, but I was thankful. But it didn't help to lessen the pain. They were telling me soothing words, about everything's going to be okay.

Kaila, Beau, Ashton, and Derek followed Gloss, but I was sure they didn't follow Gloss' trace, because they went back inside the school and were talking furiously. And by furiously, their hands were flying. Beau saw me, and shot me a deathly and full of hate glare.

I began to tell the jocks about Gloss and I. They were listening intently, and some of them were in total shock, while some were - John, Collins, and Kevin - just pretty calmed. They couldn't believe what I was saying, judging from their expressions. I spilled my secrets - all of them, about Gloss and I dating, how we started, how it went, and how things were going so far. It's been good. Until now.

Gloss isn't home yet, and every tick of the clock matches the thud of my heart. And every beat was soundless, like it isn't working. Genny keeps pacing back and forth, her hand underneath her chin. She's worrying real bad about Gloss. The weather is bad, and it's raining cats and dogs. Heavy. And it's completely dark outside.

A maid comes in, addresses us, and tells us that someone wants to talks to us. Dad tells to open up the gates, and the maid nods and scurries outside, with umbrella in her right hand. The bell rings and we immediately go over the door, to open, and it reveals two cops in a coat.

"Is this the house of Mr. and Mrs. Schlund?" The officer asks. We nod. Dad ignores the surname part. "I'm Officer Davis, and this is Officer Luis. Your son, I assume, Gloss Kaiser Schlund got in a car accident."

My world stops as the words bury in my head, piercing it. It's my fault Gloss got in a car accident. There's a lump forming deep in my throat, and the tears made of pain threatening to come out of my eyes. Genny starts to sob, and Dad comforts her, running his hand on Genny's back.

"It seemed like he was driving really fast. It looked like he nearly bumped with the other car, and so he turned the wheel furiously and it caused his car to spin and crash." Officer Luis states. "He's currently in a hospital. If you want, we can bring you there."